Saturday, September 24, 2011

Color Challenge: Week Forty-seven - Khaki

Island

Khaki Week was a challenge - largely because the only khaki I had was closer to a shade of light yellowish-green, so I cheated. Milk Tea is kind of the color of khaki, right? After dressing up in so many G Field ruffles, I felt like I needed an antique set of jewelry, and Little Boy Blue came through with Shilo's cameo; smokey blue always goes so well with brown, don't you think?

Not Dressed for a Bath

I live in a world of distractions, of different calls for my attention, of complications and pointless goals. Within the maze of the world I seek beauty, I seek meaning, I seek connection, I seek peace. I think in the seeking, though, I often loose track of that which I want most. It's times like that I have those sort of pathetic wishes, to have people pamper me and give me pretty things and tell me I'm wonderful. Silly things like that. So I dress up pretty, and put on jewelry that friends lovingly made, and take pretty pictures, and obsessively check my blog and flickr stats!

Oh Well

And do some dishes, pick up the floor, take out the trash, and go to bed to hope for better humours on the morrow.

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Kei - Cream
Eyes: De La Soul, Roomee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyeliner: Adam n Eve, Hepsut
Lashes: Flugeln Brise, Eyelash 5
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ear
Hair: Illusory Hair, Kimmi - golden
Necklace: Little Boy Blue, Shilo Necklace
Dress: G Field, Classic Dress "Julia" - milk tea
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Boots: Wireflys, Tan Laceboot

Poses: Glitterati

Location: The Black Road
Light Settings: TOR, EUPHORIA smokey blue sky
Water: TOR, Linear Puddles

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

7 comments:

  1. oh how beautiful the dress and wings... super! Nic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit ;-)
    Any life got so many aspects ... never stop seeking, even there is the danger of losing track ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style, how your looks seem to take classical fashions and up-date them to these great modern fairies. You always look quite lovely and this week is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much! You're so sweet. ^.^

    And yes, I worry about losing track, but then sometimes I want to lose track, so there you go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh such cute pics...love the style of the dress and how sweet you look in khaki. You made a color usually reserved for pants and shoes, look great on a dress...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Madison! You're so kind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. " I dress up pretty, and put on jewelry that friends lovingly made, and take pretty pictures, and obsessively check my blog and flickr stats!
    And do some dishes, pick up the floor, take out the trash, and go to bed to hope for better humours on the morrow."

    Aw I think I know just what you mean!
    The dress.. aw you look great!
    ♥Lau

    ReplyDelete