Sunday, July 1, 2012

Carmen Chameleon

Carnelian Lily

It has been a wave of sales recently, almost overwhelmingly, including the Donna Flora sale where I picked up this dress and an embarrassingly large other set of dresses. Any attempt I had to wrangle my inventory back to 50,000 has long past, and I'm eying higher numbers with trepidation - expecting to see them reflected at the bottom of my inventory soon. There is a conspicuous consumptive aspect of this which I had hope to head off at the pass by photographing my clothing - and in that way keeping myself from purchasing the same outfit over and over again - but it's so time consuming, and I've picked up so many other things I do, that I have no idea when I could possibly stand in my dressing room for long enough to accomplish anything. It took me the better part of a year to do my initial inventory organization, so I suppose I should give myself some time!

Giggles and Falls

Consumption, conspicuous and otherwise, is one of those First World Problems that always seems to have "simply get rid of things" as its solution. Looking around my apartment, filled with things and plants and more things, I can understand the drive toward simplicity even while I wing rapidly in the opposite direction. Simplicity is in its purest sense Less Stuff, and in a world full of disposable stuff that all too quickly goes to the landfill it becomes less an aesthetic choice and more a functional necessity. Time is one of those things that  wonder I would have more of if my life was simpler, but on the other hand I like having a slew of interests and lots of things to do. The trick, I suppose, is to balance things appropriately so that what Has To Get Done gets done (something I am less good at). I'm playing around with the balance of my life, a balance made more difficult by the tug of interest and options surrounding me.

But this clothing is so pretty!

Dandelion

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow MESH (promotional item)
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Souzou Eien, Fairy Eyes - Orchid (Lucky Chair prize)
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss - Pale Violet
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Princess Mesh (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Jewelry: Elemental, Splendor Jewelry (60$L Weekend)
Dress: Donna Flora, Carmen (sale item)
Shoes: De La Soul, Gatcha Flats - Flower Rainbow

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Via Montenapoleone
Light Settings: Ana Luteia Avatar Opt
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment