Sunday, September 18, 2011

Another End

Rootless

Whenever I'm no sure where to go for pictures, I swing back over and over again to World's End Garden. It's always changing, and always different, and the way things are put together are at once both mysterious and beautiful. I could probably do a week of pictures there and still come up with original work between the combination of small perspectives and windlight settings. In this case, my water settings overrode the usual flow of waves in and out, turning it into a negative reflection.

Ruins

It got me thinking about how different people seem to approach photography in Second Life - something inspired by conversation between myself and Poppy when we took pictures together. He tends to switch through windlights, taking pictures at a distance and switching in area lights, as well as using a pose stand to pose himself.

Pictures

I tend to select a single windlight for the ease of credits (I'm a little maniacal about credits) then see how I interact differently with the world - which often means depending on the way I'm facing, the lighting can change rather dramatically! I don't use pose stands usually, though, since I'm usually taking pictures in places where I can't build; one of those interesting side notes to taking pictures in the Second Life wild. My wearable lighting is another one of my little quirks, though I don't always use it - World's End, like a lot of places - has a lot of alpha plants which makes editing my lighting as I go a bit of a challenge.

Carnival

The outfit, by the way, is an adorable one from Dilly Dolls - I love the drawing on the chest, and I'm particularly fond of the included armwarmers. It seemed like a fun and flirty outfit, rather something more serious and straight-laced like a lot of my Lolita clothing can be. The SLink boots are actually mesh - I caved and bought mesh thigh high boots because OMG gorgeous - so for fully half of Second Life I look like I'm walking around without feet. Yay!

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Kei - Cream
Eyes: De La Soul, Roomee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Bold Coal and Red
Lipstick: L Fauna, Red 2
Jewelry: Axiom, Anthropic Principle Necklace - Ruby
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Trish Hair - Flaming Cherry
Wings: TERHO, Elda - Red
Dress: Dilly Dolls, Striped Puca Dress - Red
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Shoes: SLink, Tall Leather Thigh Boots (Mesh) - Black

Poses: Glitterati


Location: World's End Garden
Light Settings: TOR, SCIFI - Conciergist
Water Settings: TOR, Negative Ultraspace

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment