Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jewelry Faire: Walking on Air

Awesome Feet

I love these soleless sandals from Studio Sidhe (Slurl to the Faire Location), which are available at the Jewelry Faire in Air. The little gems are very, very cute, and they were pretty easy to fit to my smecksy SLink feet. They are resizable by a menu and not modifiable individuality (something which will preclude making a closer fit to my ankles), but I ended up not having to rezise them for all - I have pretty standard size zero feet. I initially got a no-modify version, but the Studio Sidhe soleless sandals are full mod, which is a glorious thing and makes me shiver with glee! I love the hint at a braid from the bands around the necklace and down the top of the feet - it makes it seem like something pulled together over the weekend to accentuate the arch of the foot; the addition of knots around the beads is a realistic touch that I really appreciate.

The sim itself is gorgeous, well over cloud layer and with transparent bits here and there to add to the feel of air without overly adding to the lag. I really liked that the ground was transparent - it took me a while to notice, but once I did, I was completely charmed! There were some delightful statues I posed on and near, and I think their design was significantly improved by using the same or similar textures - a design point that the Fashion Faire used to good effect a month ago. It make picture taking really fun, too, since my bikini and gems really stood out against the golds of the sim itself.

Recline

From a more distant angle, the soleless sandals really, really stand out I think - much like a good nailpolish. I think they really add a playful edge to my katat0nik bikini (free right now at a group-only Lucky Board at her store). I added a necklace from Je Suis (Slurl to Faire Location) which I picked up while I was at the Faire, which was well worth the price since the gems, pearls, and metal are all color change! It's a lovely design, and the curve of the chain around the neck - while making it a slight challenge to fit - adds verisimilitude to a lovely curved design.

I was a little disappointed while going around the Faire to not find as many donation items as I expected. One of my usual practices is to spend money primarily on things which donate to the cause the Faire is advertising, and there were a lot of stores where I couldn't find a donation purchase at all (I didn't count, bit it felt like about half of them) - so I just kept moving. While I can understand faires being about advertising and getting your name out there (and I took some landmarks and freebies for later follow-up), I'm really sad to see people who don't seem to have a donation item at all, even if it wasn't your special, high price or new item.

Within Reach

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Kei - Cream
Eyes: De La Soul, Roomee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyeliner: Adam n Eve, Hepsut
Lashes: Flugeln Brise, Eyelash 5
Blush: H+K, cheeks 3
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ear
Hair: D!va, "Mana" - cats eye
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Necklace: Je Suis, Leah Necklace (Jewelry Faire)
Bikini: katat0nik, Piknik Bikini - light green
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Foot Jewelry: Studio Sidhe, Soleless Sandles - Antique Fae (Jewelry Faire - promotional item)
Feet: SLink, Jolie Flat Bare

Poses: Glitterati


Location: Jewelry Faire - Air
Light Settings: Places Abracadabra 2 (made darker)

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment