Friday, September 23, 2011

Jewelry Faire: Flippers Deep in Water

Arising

It was really fun, and a change, to leave the land and get into the depths for the final forth of the Jewelry Faire - Water. I ended up dragging out a couple of purchases from the Fantasy Faire (yes, it was six months ago - shaddup) - the Sakura Mermaid from Rose Princess and Evie's Closet's Lumina Nymph outfit (though I only used the top and the forehead jewel and the scales). Pearls were in great attendance as donation items at the faire, and I ended up combining them from Eclectica and Beloved; the Eclectica ones are on top, and the Beloved on the bottom - at least in the necklaces.

I'm also wearing something else from the past - the Deco belt from Eclectica; I rarely wear belts, but there seemed to be a call for one here right above the scales of my tail - and this is a gorgeous design. It's also modifiable; fitting it took barely thirty seconds, and I just had to make it a scooch bigger and nip it in at the sides.

Hiding Beneath the Pier

I'm having a lot of fun with water effects - reflections, distortions, the different layers on which things can be seen. I also had the fun, with this set, or working off of animated rather than static poses. It's what I did a lot when a friend ran a club and I would take pictures of the dancers, only I was able to focus in on locations and the backgrounds were a lot more attractive (to be honest, most clubs look really, really ugly). It was fun seeing how the surface of the water and my moving avatar could intersect; I think I'll want to repeat the experimentation in the future. The intersection of layers, reflections, and movement fascinate me.

Below the Surface

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De la Soul, Kei - Cream
Eyes: De La Soul, Roomee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyeliner: Adam n Eve, Hepsut
Lashes: Flugeln Brise, Eyelash 5
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ear
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Kiki Hair - golden
Necklace & bracelet 1: Eclectica, Pearl Mixables - Deco Redux
Necklace  & bracelet 2: Beloved Jewelry, Pearl and Ribbon
Belt: Eclectica, Deco Knot - dark gold (promotional item)
Mermaid: Rose Princess, Sakura Mermaid
Top: Evie's Closet, Lumina Nymph - Aerie Edition
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet

Pose: Various Mermaid AOs

Location: Jewelry Faire - Water
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Cheery Cyan
Water: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment