Saturday, September 24, 2011

I Can Haz Promoshunz: Men Don't Make Passes

At women in glasses.

Rainbow

One of the things I am growing to love more and more about promotional gifts is the challenge of taking a bunch of things, many of them not things I would necessarily purchase on my own, and turning them into a cohesive and (I hope you agree) attractive look. The tattoo from v3 Tattoo is probably the farthest from my usual style, a cacophony of color and pattern it's a biker's daydream - and I though matching it with the pretty patterns of the Trendstyle dress (don't you see bikers and think pink?) made for an interesting contrast; biker chic meets uber girly.The detail of the tattoo is incredible and it comes in three shading types - dark, faded, and aged. The dress is the closest of the promotional items to my style, a frothy confection of swirls and I simply adore how the dual-color was arranged in both the bodice and the skirt. It comes in a plethora of other colors, but I'm terribly fond of the effect of pink and black together, so I couldn't resist.

The hair from Me. matched the more classy end of things, which was echoed in my retro glasses from {K}Rea. I actually had glasses like that once, only in blue and brown not black. I like the chunky styling of them, but they're very far form my usual look - like the Jacqui hair, which is short and sleek and very modern. The use of textures on the hair to add depth is really excellent, though as you can see there are issues with transparency. All of it is layered over the newest skin line from De La Soul, Aestali with the matching Aestalian for the males. I'm wearing a shade new to this release - Cream Rose - which is a reddened version of her longstanding cream shade. The list of things which come with this skin, including eyeliners and a wide variety of breast sizes, is incredible; my folder is simply brimming with Aestali goodness. It even comes with a complementary backpack with all the beauty supplies you could need in the pockets! A final note on the shoes, from Eclectica - they were a free gift through her group and I have to admit I've already splurged and bought the whole set. Between G Field and Eclectica I may not ever want for shoes again!

Midtown

I've been doing a lot of show watching, and people watching, and reading, and I have a pain in my paw - like the lion with the thorn in the old story. People so often seem to default to mocking each other, wanting to hurt each other, wanting other people to be upset or suffer. To be sweet and kind is, often, to be a figure of fun, or mockery, or simply something to be ignored. It makes me wonder about myself, about my place in the world and the various social nets I'm linked into; the contrast between cynical and kind, between sweet and adult - can a person live there, encompass all of those things, and still relate to others? Still be of interest to others? Sometimes I feel like the backup friend - the person trotted out when those one would rather spend time with are gone;  more and more I'm wondering how much of those feelings are of my own making.

Girls With Glasses

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Roomee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyeliner: cheLLe, Cleo Called Black
Eyecolor: Elymode, Magenta and Pink 1
Lipstick: Rue, Lip Service ~ Sweetlips
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ear
Glasses: {K}Rea, Old Nerd Glasses (promotional item)
Hair: Me., Jacqui (promotional item)
Tattoo: v3 Tattoo, Oriental Express (promotional item)
Wings: ni.ju, Glow Dragon Wings LB Set B(4)
Dress: Trendstyle, Doll Endless Love pink (promotional item)
Bracelets: Amaris, Laced Cuff - black
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Anklet: Linc, Ruffled Cuff Black
Shoes: Eclectica, Hollywood Shoes - Elsie's Red (gift)

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Heaven4D

Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Rebranded Skies
Water: TOR, Maldives

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment