Sunday, September 4, 2011

Color Challenge: Week Forty-four - Firebrick


Display

Firebrick
was actually a lot of fun to do, as I had a lot of things brick-colored, even if not specifically firebrick! Hair, dress, shoes - all of them were brickly! All of the brick items are pretty old, too, which is always fun. I like shaking outfits out of my inventory that I haven't looked at for a while, and this gave me another excuse to put on those gorgeous G Field Boots - though you can't easily see them under the long skirt of my Purple Moon dress. I'm pretty sure the hair from Plume came from a hunt - probably the Hair Hunt that was going on a year or so ago. I love the flowers in it, and I think they mimicked the spottiness of the dress pretty nicely - almost fawnlike. The horns are also an old prize from the Sugar Skull Halloween hunt from Rue - perhaps two years ago? It was the last prize before Rue closed for a while, and I can remember scouring the store for them because I found the candy horns so charming.

Ladder

I ended up pairing the older brick-items with something brand new from Favole - wings which came from the mini-hunt going on at that sim along with the Fall Twisted Hunt. I've been picking up some of the items early, but I'll freely admit to picking and choosing my stores; the days when I tried to do an entire hunt are long behind me and are unlikely to return unless it's something unique, like MadPeas' Peaster's Castle was. Twisted in particular is a hunt I like to skip around on; I stopped finding a lot of the things done to keep the hunt "interesting" entertaining a long time ago. I know I'll likely be dismissed as looking gift-items in the mouth, but I think at the very least we have to have the right to not hunt for things in peace!

Hallways of Red Buttons

I think I lost my taste for the Twisted Hunt during the last one, when I went to a store and was IMed by someone asking me not to fly; the store was textured almost entirely in the box texture and set to fullbright, which made my eyes want to cross, and I was already in a bad mood from derendering twenty visible boxes a store or two before because I kept losing track of which I had found, and having decoy-box notecard names insulting me in a store a few before that, so getting IMed by someone asking me not to fly - when it was my AO - because it would 'ruin the hunt' was just the nail in the coffin. The store offered the next landmark in a giant box out front, labeled for cheaters or pathetic people, or some insult of that sort - and I just skipped. I enjoy hunting, but the extent to which I've had to deal with being called a cheater for camming around things, or a cheater for camming inside of a wall, or dealt with people telling me not to do something before a sim has even rezzed, has soured me on the more "difficult" stores and lead me to focus on the stores where I'm reasonably certain I'll like the prize, and where I'm not being insulted everywhere I go.

Fence

I've been reluctant to say this much about hunts, as there's a solid history of some store owners banning people who complained - and that's part of why I'm naming no names. I have stores I avoid, stores I delete the prizes of, stores I refuse to hunt in, but I won't put their names on the net. I greatly appreciate the generous gifts from store owners, and enjoy hunts - especially fun ones which take me around a store or through interesting places - but I'm done with being collateral damage for the anger and frustration of store owners. Since I made the decision to skip when my frustration gets too high, I've enjoyed hunts a whole lot more!

Webs

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Kei Cream
Eyes: De La Soul, Roomee Eyes - Rainbow
Horns: Ruin, S.E. Sugar Skull Shaman - black
Eyelashes: Flugeln Brise, Eyelash 05
Eyecolor: Esk-Imo, Red Japan Makeup
Lipstick: De La Soul, Red
Ears: Illusion, Mystic Ear
Hair: Plume, Spring - Brick
Wings: Favole, Destruction Black
Dress: Purple Moon, Elie - Red Brick
Ring: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Shoes: G Field, Open Boots "Vilda" - brick

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Doomed Ship
Light Settings: Places Midian

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

6 comments:

  1. Love these pics, all dark and edgy! The last one really caught my attention because the eyes look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they amazing eyes? De La Soul's RooMee eyes; you can actually blame me for those - my obsession with rainbows is rubbing off on the creator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deoridhe...I love the middles picture the most... and i was pleased to see this dress .. saw it too at Purple Moon..but couldn't post all...:)))
    greetings Nic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Nicandra! Not being able to post everything can be a trial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rich colours of the dress, and the nice dark wings!

    ReplyDelete