Saturday, February 4, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 6 - Alice Blue

Tipping Backwards

Like many people, I found Alice Blue less than easy a color to find, but I had a goal to both wear a different type of the Petite avatar from Yabusaka and Fallen Gods that just hit the grid running, and to return to the LEA Avatar Games sim, and Alice Blue helped more than hindered these goals! At this point, a number of my favorite stores - including Evie's Closet, G Field, and Angelwing - have made clothing for the petites. In most cases, they're shrunk versions of their full sized clothing, but somehow on the tiny avatar those old outfits come to new life!In this case, I'm wearing a set of silvery, snowflake-festooned silks from Angelwing that drape beautifully over my glowing skin. The avatar itself is set to fullbright - you can also add glow, and change the expression, as well as tint it a variety of colors. This is the crystal setup from Fallen Gods, and the De La Soul Rainbow eyes I fitted to the pale elf from earlier work just as well.

Bones of a Poem

I kept on the leg ribbons from G Field's fae outfit, as well as substituting her white roses for the snowflake crown and keeping my Fancy Fairy wings scaled down and lovely. I also scaled down the hair from +NK+ - it was menu driven and not editable, but it scaled down beautifully and really added a fae, thin effect to my look, like little spiky icicles festooned to my head. My only complaint is the bits of invisiprim along the edges of the avatar; I don't know how required they are, since I have a full body invisible layer on, but they add an odd effect to translucent things behind it.

I returned to LEA Avatar Games, a spot I'd taken pictures at as a full sized avatar, and had a lot of fun posing myself at or near items I'd touched on before. The effect of being a third the size you were is really, really fun. I also had the fun of catching up with a friend who had vanished over a year ago - and she brought out an avatar which was a third the size of me with some plans to turn THAT into an avatar! If it happens, I think I'll have to set up some type of scaling image of all three sets, as each comes up to the knees of the previous avatar, so the effect is truly striking.

Tiping Down the Keys

I've been rather cranky lately, in a way which is difficult to qualify. It might be the lingering effects of my extreme, if brief, bout of the flu - or perhaps it's the effect of my surroundings; my home right now is rather pig-styish, and I've been struggling to try to get on top of it and failing miserably. Really, I probably need to put some cheerful music on my ipod and just dig in to clean and trash and clear everything out - if you don't see me around much in the next few days, that's what I'm doing. Cleaning in Second Life is so much easier; no dirt, or grime, or stacks of things - just disorganized folders of things to put on and then organize or delete.

Down to my Bones

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Avatar: Yabusaka and Fallen Gods, Crystals Azure
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Hair: +NK+, N.F.C. white
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Silks: Angelwing, Petite Frost Fairy
Ribbons and Roses: G Field, Fairy Accessories - white

Poses: Long Awkward Pose

Location: LEA Avatar Games
Light: TOR, EUPHORIA hello gaia
Water: Murky

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

7 comments: