I'm a bit behind on memes, so this is going to be a twofer! I'm catching up on Strawberry's memes of the week, and since the first one is going to be very short, the second one should make up for it!
What was the first social network you joined using your SL Avatar?
Flickr, in January 2009.
Which social networks are you currently on using your SL Avatar?
Which network is your favorite?
Probably Flickr. I never feel quite like I fit on Plurk, though I have a few very kind friends! I'm not a brief chatter, and I tend to mostly post blogpost links on there in the hopes of luring more people here.
Which network is your least favorite?
I'm not as fond of my SL Profile, mostly because it feels very awkward to use. I wish I could follow groups and get group info there, and stuff like that.
Which network do you have the most amount of connections?
Definitely Flickr; I follow people with hopeless abandon.
How/Where do you usually read/use most of your networks?
I go to each of the pages to look at them on my laptop, often while I have Second Life open as well.
What are your favorite social networking apps? (if applicable)
I'm not hooked up to any social networks through my phone.
What do you like most about social networking sites?
I love reading people's thoughts and seeing the images they produce. It can be entrancing and inspiring.
What do you like least about social networking sites?
Sometimes I feel very pressured to keep up and follow along. Things move so quickly, especially on Plurk, and everyone has their own pace, and so I often feel overwhelmed and left behind.
Do you feel social networks are a good way to promote you/your brand/your work?
Sometimes. I get some looks through Plurk and Flickr, but most of them are from Google search.
What is your main reason for using Social Networks?
For each one I have a different motivation; Flickr was to show off my pictures, Plurk is more to connect with people, and the SL Profile was a default I had no choice on.
My Five Second Life Pet Peeves
1. Talking objects set to open chat. Be they bellies, feet, fashionista bubbles, twisted titlers, even fishing poles (I keep mine set to me only), I hate the mechanical spam of chat. I also dislike the chat sent along with group messages as well, mostly because it's so separated out from the item or notecard I prefer to receive. The scroll of text when I log on is always overwhelming.
2. Ironically, SL losing notecards, items, and group messages. Despite disliking the scroll when I log on, I dislike even more missing messages. This is particularly difficult when I'm in a blogger's group and I keep missing releases! I try to remember to check them regularly, but recently I realized I missed a release and I felt simply horrible.
3. People IMing me, then expecting me to supply all of the conversation. I cover this semi-regularly on my How NOT to... page, but it's a persistent problem across the board. I won't say I'm always a font of scintillating conversation, but a basic set of topics to talk about or questions to ask when someone contacts me seems a bare minimum.
4. Ugly builds. This will seem hypocritical, given my pet peeve #5, but I hate teleporting into a place with a wonderful idea, where the textures are all flat and dull in really bright colors and the whole build just looks ugly. Alpha occlusion issues I can work around, but a simply ugly build is death to any picture. I suppose it's another example of the Dunning–Kruger effect, but I'm always baffled that people can't simply see the flaws and make their creations better.
5. People who like to piss on other people's parades. This is a really
subjective thing, but for example I sometimes play with people in group
chats, like setting out piles of truffles, and I'm continually shocked
at the people who emote stomping on the truffles, or stealing them all,
or other actions which do nothing but try to rob the people around them
of something pleasant. I always find it more than a little shocking that
in a world of imagination where we can literally make anything, so many people seem to focus on destroying what others create.
( More pictures here. )
Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusions, Seelie
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Mock, Corner of Olive and Vine
Lipstick: Adore & Abhor, 13 Lips Denim
Hair: Magika, Early
Crown: Boom, Nature's Crown (mint)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: Earthstones, Chandraki Set
Dress: +NK+, Denim Corset 03
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Doll: Adore & Abhor, Sheepie - mint
Heels: Wishbox, Rocking Horse Shoes - mint
Location: RMK Gothic
Light Settings: AnaLutetia, Studio Light
Water Settings: Mirror Glass
Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only