Saturday, September 10, 2011

I Can Haz Promoshunz: Glaznost

Fall

I'm starting a new "type" of post for this blog, and I'm hoping it will work out! Once a week I'm going to go through my folder of things from store owners, smush together a bunch of them, take some pictures, do a bunch of promotion, and call it done. Smaller picture sets will still go on in between posts, but those are more likely to have stream-of-consciousness rambling than 'look at this awesome thing'. Anything that was a gift will be marked as such in the credits and will definitely be given it's own paragraph, though I may chat up things I bought, too. I'm calling this I Can Haz Promoshunz, and we'll see how I feel about it in a few weeks!

Halfway through my picture taking I turned on reflections of objects and people, and oh my the difference was staggering. I like the negative-space effect of the first water-heavy picture, but I have to admit I'm a convert for reflections and they'll probably be showing up a lot more in the future. Hopefully it won't kill my computer too much!

Through A Glass Darkly

I've been flogging the skin pretty heavily, but I really do like it - from De La Soul - and the 99$L price tag is really difficult to skip. The cosmetics are included, which makes it theatrical, but that can be a lot of fun in different contexts. I've tried it with a semi-tribal outfit, in Little Rose Red, with a 1940s vibe, in Partial Film Noir, and now with a beachy theme and it's really been fun seeing how the paint markings interact with different kinds of clothing.

The hair is from ChiChickie, which is a store I own some hairs from but is not one of my usual go-tos. I love the soft quality of the textures - it's realistic without being too realistic, which might have pushed my avatar into Uncanny Valley territory. It's one of that recent trend in windswept hair, a trend I've mostly ignored but which I think added a lot to the pictures I took, since I was doing a lot of flying poses from Long Awkward Pose. The color is also not a common one for me, since I'm usually a blond, but it was the promotional color and I'm glad to have a chance to strut my stuff as a redhead.

Dive

The jewelry is from a new-to-me store named Zibska, and it's part of a growing trend of jewelry which comes with HUDs to do color changes - presumably to cut down on script levels on avatars while still offering a variety of options in look. I love the chunky styling of the links and layered together; a lot of Second Life jewelry tends to be fine and delicate, so having something more chunky yet still stylish is a real treat. There were several color options with it, but I ended up choosing black and white since there wasn't a red to match the rest of my look.

The bathing suit from Trend Style, another new-to-me store, comes with two different tops. I'm showing the open lacing top, which is sleeveless, but it also has a one shoulder version that's very sleek and stylish. I really like the curve over the hips, which seems to ride the hipline perfectly and draw attention to my truly impressive ass. The lacing is open and sexy without being too improbable, and I love the smooth, sloping curve under the arms and across the back.

Flip

Hope you enjoyed the first installment of I Can Has Promoshunz!

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream - Warrior (Review Item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Roomee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes: Flugeln Brise, Eyelash 05
Ears: Illusion, Mystic Ear
Hair: ChiChickie, Irene - Chestnut (Review Item)
Wings: Favole, Temptation
Jewelry: Zibska, Sy Jewelry (Review Items)
Clothing: Trend Style, Hot Bathing Suit - red (Review Items)
Ring: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Shoes: Deviant Designs, Beach baby 2 - white

Poses: Long Awkward Pose

Location: Isle of Amras Roleplay
Light Settings: TOR, EUPHORIA Cheery Cyan
Water Settings: TOR, Glaznost

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment