Saturday, September 10, 2011

Color Challenge: Week Forty-five - Bronze

Bronze

Bronze week was a lot of fun! I had the great luck of being sent information about a new roleplaying sim, Wonder Lost, before I took my pictures and being able to discover it was perfect for taking pictures in the shades of bronze! The water is actually tea, and apparently it's tinted all of the trees and buildings, too! In sharp contrast to the week before last, this is a very bronzy look from stem to stern, and largely due to the sim coloring itself, not anything I added to it or any windlight I used.

I'm wearing a lot of things labeled bronze, though - which kind of amuses me since they don't all match! The eyes are De La Soul's RooMee eyes in Bronze, rather than my usual rainbow, and offer a lighter counterpoint to the bronze hair by Honey Hair (closed) which was a freebie I picked up somewhere (don't ask me where, I don't remember!). The lipstick is a bronze stain from Mock, which is starting to be one of my guilty cosmetic pleasure stores. It layers beautifully with my skin, and the eye cosmetics from Adam n Eve just finish off the look by giving me sooty goodness to support my Flugeln Brise lashes (Tomoyuki and Chelle totally converted me; I am now one of those gray-flapper-eyed people when partially rezzed!). The necklace from Earthstones isn't bronze, but the shadings of brown match the other actually bronze things I'm wearing, so I think it gets a pass.

Party Favors

This is the end of the Mad Hatter's Table in Wonder Lost, and as you can see it's more than tea and crumpets; dark fantasy demands more alcoholic libations! And apparently faeries!

The dress is from Celestial Studios, which I also think is closed, but I loved how they used the system skirt layered under the top skirt to create a distinctive style. I'm fairly certain I got this during a closing sale, as I own every color, and I'm very glad I splurged! The shoes are from my near-constant, G Field, and are a fantastic set of wedges I picked up a while ago. Do I have to mention how addicted I am to her shoes? I didn't think so; my flickr is evidence enough! I'm also wearing two rings which I love - one a picture holding ring from Alchemy Immortalis that is still waiting pictures to put in it. Once I had a circle of friends I had planed to input, but when that exploded rather messily and hurtfully I set aside the thought of quite such a thing along with the ring. I've taken to wearing it now, though, which perhaps is a sign that - a year later - I'm ready to move on. The other ring is literally the first piece of jewelry I was willing to spend serious money on, also from Earthstones. It's a set of different color roses and I simply love it. I'd intended to wear it instead of the nestling ring, but when I saw they were on different hands I couldn't resist upping my arc some more.

On Fire

Relationships in Second Life are a funny thing. I've tended to focus on friendships, at least in part because every guy who has show interest in me has either later turned out not to be a guy, or rather clearly was interested in fitting me into their Girlfriend In Second Life slot instead of interested in getting to know me (I actually had one guy tell me explicitly that he had a girlfriend offline, and now he had to have one in Second Life or he'd be miserable!). I've definitely been burned a couple of times, and it's given my the cynicism which is the only thing that could lead to my How Not to Pick up a Chick in Second Life series. I have gotten into a few In Character relationships, though the first one led to the person almost immediately ignoring me in favor of hitting on another guy, and the second... well, lets just say threesomes are fun when you're the only girl, and leave it at that. I deeply value the friendships I have with people, and they're the glue that keeps my Second Life together even when I'm jettisoning across the grid snapping wile pictures, but I'm doubtful of ever getting a romantic relationship inside of Second Life unless some very different guy shows up.

Keyhole

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Kei - Cream
Eyes: De La Soul, Roomee Eyes - Bronze
Eyeshadow: Adam n Eve, Corsage
Eyeliner: Adam n Eve, Hepsut
Eyelashes: Flugeln Brise, Eyelash 05
Blush: Mock, Dark Tan
Lipstick: Mock., Brazen Bronze Lip Stain
Ears: Illusion, Mystic Ear
Hair: Honey Hair, Bowtie Bella - Antique Bronze
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Necklace: Earthstones, Mahika Set - Autumn
Dress: Celestial Studio, Nena Dress - Bronze
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Shoes: G Field, Knot Wedge Sandal - bronze

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Wonder Lost
Light Settings: Foggy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

2 comments:

  1. Those are fantastic shots, I love the one with the booze, such a great feel to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best posture to drink in - lying on the table!

    ReplyDelete