Monday, May 5, 2014

Fit for a Princess: Cream Blooms from Tears

Beneath the Trees

I'm drowning in events this month, but Fit for a Princess has floated to the top, like lovely flowers sent spinning across the ocean to land upon the shore. The theme is flowers - and they festoon the whole selection with roses, daisies, and a variety of other blooms. I ended up in something cream colored, which is perhaps unexpected based on the shades available, but I ended up really liking it. The dress, from Luminary, has materials applied which lead to some textured responses to my windlight and the shadows I managed to run despite being at the Palace of Tears, a Fantasy Faire sim and the site for the second half of the Fantasy Faire Hunt. The dress is a light and frothy one, available in a few different soft colors with a short, frilly skirt and a high neckline. I an particularly fond of the neck and shoulder line, cut high across the neck and along the curve of the shoulder. The ripples of the skirt are deep ones, which makes them amiable to a variety of different poses, since the folds bend with movement. The edges aren't quite as smooth as I'd like, as the interior of the dress is invisible, so things can get a little wonky around the edges, but the invisilayer included kept my bits otherwise inside, and it's low enough cut in the skirt that you don't need to worry about underwear. I'd love to see longer skirts, maybe knee length, as well; a lot of styles seem to be trending toward mid-thigh or ankle length, but I think the style of this skirt would add half a foot easily and still be attractive.I'm really looking forward to seeing more of what Luminary has to offer.

Candid Shot

My hair is from Milk, and is a lovely poofy style with an anime edge. I especially like the bangs, which flutter right down along the eyebrow line. The textures are stripy but cute, and I really like the shape of the hair poofs. In addition to her solid and natural colors, she offers a wide variety of candy shades and fades. The crown tucked in against my brow is from Frogstar and is an original mesh, flowery confection. It's well textured, crown, and set up so that I was able to tint the flowers a brighter yellow to match up with the yellow on my adorable HopScotch shoes. The curve of the crown is a curious and smooth one, with tiny jewels fastened along the edge, and manages at once to be elegant and playful. There's even a rainbow version, but out of character for me I chose the yellow instead. The nails from Bella Elephante are a bright and simple design, a whorl of flower over a solid gold base. I tucked a couple of rings onto my fingers by Moon Amore, prizes from a gacha at the Fit for a Princess event. The cool things about these is that every one comes with two nails and a HUD which allows for four different color change types for the rings - astonishing variety for a gacha prize. They start as middle finger rings, but I ended up moving them to thinner fingers because I have enormous hands, and I think they look quite cute. Finally, these adorable and enthusiastic poses are from Ploom. They're very natural and sweet with well executed subtle details, like the way the feet curve inward now and then, or a slight raise of an arm. I picked them all up at the Pose Faire, which sadly ended recently, but I'm glad I saw them and added them to my stable of poses.

Shadows of the Mallow Tree

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Milk, Dandilions (Fit for a Princess)
Crown: Frogstar, Scetochka Circlet (Fit for a Princess)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Adore & Abhor, Princess Blossom
Lipstick: Mock, Sahne Bitter Chocolate
Wings: Una, Steampunk Wings
Hands & Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands & eet
Nails: Bella Elephante, Blossom (Fit for a Princess)
Necklace: Bliensen + MaiTai, Time Loop
Jewelry: Amorous, Gaia
Rings: Moon Amore, Realeza Ring (Fit for a Princess - Gacha)
Dress: Luminary, Kohana (Fit for a Princess)
Socks: Cannibelle, Sheer Floral Knee Socks (Fit for a Princess)
Shoes: HopScotch, Ayana (Fit for a Princess)

Pose: Ploom Poses

Location: Palace of Tears
Light Settings: Places, Abracadabra
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment