Sunday, May 4, 2014

2014 Fantasy Faire: Faeries in the Mists

In My Heart

I pretty much only purchase donation items during the Fantasy Faire, and Blackwater Glenn offered me two of what is part of a growing slew of purple clothing to make awesome outfits out of. The two section gown is from Luas (Fantasy Faire Location here), whom I'm not sure I've run into before, and it combines a relatively modest top and bottom with a super shapely midriff revealing style - not my usual style, but I loved the curve along the rib cage and the narrow band of skin in the back. The top section has a ruffled edge and two bands holding it up, which is novel for Second Life where defying gravity is routine. I really liked how natural it felt, and how the ruffle moved as my arms did - very well rigged. The skirt is even simpler, a narrow banded waist and heavy skirts with a slight train, but again they are very well rigged and move well with animations. I particularly liked a couple of the deep ripples in the fabric, which led to an interesting hem line in pictures and offered some variety that ankle length skirts often don't. It ends up being a fun, casual, realistic style that I really liked.

Between my Toes

There is nothing realistic about my footwear, however. De La Soul (Fantasy Faire Location here) has broken into new ground with an awesome pair of shoes, SLink compatible, which give us a chance to squish Cthulu beneath our heels - literally. I adore these shoes, form the delacate tentacles curling under the ball of the foot, to the giant nobby octopus head supporting the heel, to the tiny tentacles sliding around my toes, it is a delight from stem to stern. Charlie has also made up a bunch of add on packs of different colors which can be mixed and matched with the included HUD, allowing enormous buckets of customization to match any outfit.

A couple notes form outside the Fantasy Faire, which has not yet completely consumed my soul. My jewelry set of the multiple colors, which really added some sparkle, are from Elemental Jewelry, which also offers a wide variety of petite jewelry in her lovely, chunky style.I particularly like her style because delicate jewelry so often vanishes against the big clothes and hairstyles in Second Life, and her jewelry can stand up to the biggest look. In addition, I have amazing hair from Wasabi Pills which came from an old Arcade Event, but which might still be available at the myriad of yardsales that bloom every month, or a similar style might be found in her Main Store. I love her pull-back styles for their casual elegance, which work well with a variety of styles.

Bright Lights and Comfort

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Melissa (The Arcade)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Bliensen + MaiTai, Pixiedust
Jewelry: Elemental, Moonglow
Dress: Luas, Cenedra (RFL Donation Item)
Shoes: De La Soul, Cthu Shues (RFL Donation Item)

Pose: Glitterati

Location: Fantasy Faire: Mourningvale Thicket
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment