Friday, May 2, 2014

2014 Fantasy Faire: Lost in the Swamps

Walls Make Good Neighbors

For the first time in a while I'm taking pictures without shadows, and it feels kind of weird. Lag, and the limitations of large events make demands on my CPU, though, and I think these turned out well despite the lack of the latest effects. I went with the sim default of windlight, a warm and caramelly sunset shades with a warm reddish glow from the sun. I have more pictures of the sim proper, but I'm going to say a few words about what I'm wearing, throw in a brief tutorial, and call it a night.

Colorful Smiles

My hair is a release from Ploom for FaMeshed, and I completely adore the curls in it, especially with how they work with her ombre shades - check out those tips. I went with a darker rainbow - I know, out of character for me - but the look seemed to demand it. The one issue I had, easily solved, was with the forehead line - which anyone who has played with their shape knows can be a fraught area. I tend to have a sloping and huge head in general, and so when I first put on the hair it didn't fit neatly at the edge. I was able to change it without a significant effect to my face, though, and I thought I'd include a little graphic covering what I changed for other people who ran into a similar problem, with this or other hair. The changes were pretty simple - I changed my forehead angle from 9 to 0, and my Head Stretch from 50 to 36. Easy peasy, gorgeous hair line. You can see how much of a difference it makes below.

Easy Hairline Fix

The dress I'm wearing is a recent release from Asteria Creations, and it's one of a series based around this cool, asymmetrical dress. Her last release included a cute bolero with a fringe, but I'm partial to these smooth likes with the angled bands that look like bent sun rays. I also quite like the three quarter sleeves, which are an attractive length and fit well with SLink hands, since you don't have to worry about the side of the hand coming through the cuff. The dress comes up very high on one side, so keep your stockings and lingerie handy - I ended up pulling out some of my favorite webby stockings from G Field, an old purchase form one of her Halloween specials. I also cycled through a number of different styles of shoe before settling on these boots from Lassitude & Ennui which I picked up ages ago, but which remain some of my favorite rigged, calf-high boots. I especially like the detailing, which you can see more clearly in this picture.

Mushroom Glow

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Ploom, Becca (FaMeshed)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Mons, Eyeliner Smokey2
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Bliensen + MaiTai, Pixiedust
Dress: Asteria Creations, Voyaque Assymetrical
Stockings: G Field, Halloween Spider-web
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Flutter Boots

Pose: !bang

Location: Fantasy Faire: Blackwater Glenn
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment