Monday, May 12, 2014

2014 Fantasy Faire: Flitting About in Wiggenstead

Fan Service

Wiggenstead Mooring was a charming sim, with large, rounded islands for each of the stores and narrow hanging bridges between them. It was easy to get turned around - one bridge looks much like another - but the little details like fences and piles of rocks are really quite charming, and I especially liked how the floating rock stores had different little details upon the top and dangling from the sides. I wanted a bright and cheerful outfit to match, and so I pulled out something I picked up on the first few days of the Faire - this gorgeous dress and puffy wings from Epic. It's a tutu style, which means you had better put something on underneath or you will develop a fast following - I ended up adding a set of panties from Cupcake in a shiny gold lame. The whole Epic outfit combines a translucent-seeming color with sparkles, and it's quite one of my favorite finds for the faire - I always like Epic's over saturated colors, but in this case the shape and color together are simply smashing. The slightly tamer panties, though, inspired me to calmer accessories - I echoed the bright yellow in the gems of my Aisling crown, but the gold itself is a softer, gentler hue. I really love the fade from a sort of shadowed-gold to something brighter, as well, and the butterflies all over it simply made me gleeful. I was able to fit in the lovely collar which comes with it as well, this time, which made me very happy. It fits well, with an open metalwork which makes it easy to adjust to necks great and small.

Steps on Smooth

I pulled the shade of my hair from the crown as well, the brighter gold on the tines perfectly matched the shade of hair from a new store I just found out about called KOY. I love the curls of this hair, and the angled but simple front which made it a perfect base for the Aisling Crown, while the hair still had some lightness and playfulness in the rigged curls. I also pulled out these wonderful shoes from Sax Shepherd Designs, which I adore as much for their hanging jewels as for the wide variety of hues I can tint them into. I went with opal and diamond this time, shading the rest of the shoe in white so that no darkness could undermine my look. The final, and bounciest note, though, is my nails - from A:S:S. I've been looking for something cheerful enough to bring out these rainbow nails, and this was definitely the time. The rainbow band is bright and cheerful, and the nail set also has every color of the rainbow as a base - in this case I chose orange. I really had a lot of fun putting together a Summer Faery Look, and I hope you enjoyed it too - and enjoyed the fantastic Fantasy Faire, which is now winding down.

Secret Treasure

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: KOY, Kyra
Crown: Aisling, Sumiana
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeliner: cheLLe, Cleo Called
Lipstick: Pink Fuel, Metallic Lipsticks
Wings: Epic, Celestial Butterfly Wings
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: A:S:S, Rainbow
Clothing: Epic, Sparkle Faery Tutu
Panties: Cupcakes, Fringed Panties
Shoes: Sax Shepherd Designs, Mata Hari Jewelled Stilletos

Poses: Adorkable Poses

Location: Wiggenstead Mooring
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment