Friday, May 2, 2014

Rust in the Moonlight

Posing for the Paparazzi

I have been planning this post for weeks, ever since I saw the chest lace from Aisling at We <3 RP, and I'm so thrilled to finally have pictures so I can share it with you all, albeit later than I had hoped for. This look is a sort of unholy alliance of Aisling and Alchemy, and eventually they will take over the grid in a wash of amazing As, and we will all be kneeling in supplication and look really awesome. Starting at the top, this amazing headdress was a rare in her gacha at The Secret Affair (now closed), and I was lucky enough to get two of the Mother of Dragons headdresses, which is completely amazing, and then I was lucky enough to meet up with someone who had two of the Hear Me Roar headdresses, and by the end of our meeting we were both feeling very bouncy. The gacha isn't (yet?) available at the Alchemy store (which is lovely, even under construction), but hopefully it will be as I want many people to be able to enjoy this headdress/crown combo based off of a creamy colored dragon like Viserion. I especially liked the nose guard with the hanging chains, which gave it the air of a military helmet while retaining the delicacy of a queen. The curving horns around the face are also a lot of fun, though it can make it difficult to match with hair - I ended up focusing on bangless styles, which worked the best with the shape of the headdress, and found that I could layer it into my hair for verisimilitude, with little strands caught up in the tines.

A Moment Alone

The dress and armor pieces are all from Aisling, from We <3 RP and The Secret Affair (both closed). The Secret Affair gacha is in place at the Aisling Mainstore, which is awesome and tempts me to try once more for the gorgeous headdress that matches the jewelry and armor pieces. The Lady of Highgarden are available in black, gold, and silver in shoulder, arm, and hand armor (commons) a necklace for each metal color (rare) and a headdress which I believe is texture changing (ultra rare). The chestlace, which isn't yet available in the main store, has all of those metal colors plus more via a HUD system and is editable - something which came in handy when I was trying to fit it over the Quarth dress that had been available at The Secret Affair and hasn't made it to the Mainstore yet. The delicate open lacework matched so well between these different items that I simply couldn't resist trying to fit them all together, and I think I managed to do so pretty well. I had to resize the hand flowers (which were HUD controlled and not editable, but the HUD allows you to expand things along a single axis) to fit over my SLink hands, but the resulting effect was largely realistic and natural. I think the slightly lighter shade of gold added some texture and variety to the overall look. The rigging on the dress was well done with the fabric falling naturally, and the texturing remained solid in most reasonable poses - no dress likes a Captain Morgan pose. I also liked the varieties available - multiple metallic highlights, the shoulder flutters which can be various levels of transparency, and in the case of the exclusive release for The Secret Affair, an entire second set of textures for this aqua gown. I am really pleased with Aisling's continued work in accessories and their foray into clothing, and am vibrating in anticipation of their next releases.

Prepping for a Solo

My Sax Shepherd Designs shoes, which I've been unable to take off since I got them, are now almost finally available to everyone at the Fantasy Gacha Carnival - also known as Deo's Wallet Cries - which is open on the fourth. The shoes themselves are commons with the anklet as a rare, which I think it an elegant way of adding a little value to the rares without depriving people of awesomely colored shoes. They both fit over the SLink high feet, and like so much of Sax Shepherd's stuff, they come with a HUD which lets you change to bunches and bunches of colored jewels, really adding to it's re-wearability. I particularly appreciated the natural stone effects he included, which make the jewels appear burnished. Mother of Pearl is a relatively rare jewel effect, as is opal, but you can see how well they are fitted into the band of the sandals to really make them look natural.

Lights and Glow

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Magika, Bliss
Crown: Alchemy, Mother of Dragons
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Metallic Aqua
Lipstick: Izzie's, Fuyu
Wings: Sax Shepherd Designs, Filigree Wings
Hands & Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands & Feet
Nails: A:S:S, Glamour Silk
Dress: Aisling, Quarth Lady (The Secret Event)
Chest: Aisling, Chestlace (We <3 RP)
Bracers & Necklace: Aisling, Lady of Highgarden (The Secret Event Gacha)
Anklet: Sax Shepherd Designs, Fairy Tale Tease (
Fantasy Gacha Carnival)
Shoes: Sax Shepherd Designs, Fairy Tale Tease (
Fantasy Gacha Carnival)

Pose: Don't Freak Out

Location: Rust and Stardust
Light Settings: Phototools, Moon Light 4
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment