Monday, May 12, 2014

2014 Fantasy Faire: Asperatus

Stairway into the Sky

Somehow, clouds became firm below my feet, and then firm became metal, and then metal became stairs. Unfamiliar metal, hard beneath my soft shoes. It bit into the soles of my feet, leaving odd patterns impressed on the flesh as I moved into a world more alien than any which had come before - a world of spinning things high in the air, and enormous bags that floated as if they had wings. Everything was hard, and most things were square except the floating pillows in the sky, and the floating clouds I had walked through when I came.

Stained Glass

My feet slipped and slid as I moved between quantities of people, slipping all but unseen amongst them. My fingers trailed over glass, cut beautifully into so many shapes then fitted together with dark marrow. Steam drifted up around me, obscuring me in clouds as I was pushed through what seemed like an evergrowing hoard, it's voices staccato and hard as the world it existed within. A moment, a turn, a misjudgement, and an elbow sent me falling over chain and down into cloud.

Pathways

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Location: Asperatus
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment