Saturday, May 10, 2014

2014 Fantasy Faire: Ice Queen

The Gate

My workdays have been running very long, which leaves me less time than I'd like to organize a cohesive look and then take some pictures - but I think I managed fairly well, for all that. There's only two days left to the Fantasy Faire for this year, so now's the time to go through and see what you can find to both bring you happiness, and to add to the donation to Relay for Life for this year. I found some lovely things on Hope's Horizon, and there are many more there than I have the time to share. My headdress, for example, is a gorgeous release from Aisling which has been all over the feeds; it comes in summer and winter versions for a donation - I'm wearing the winter - and the gem on it is color changing, as is the chains hanging from it. I went with the iciest display possible to build my Ice Queen to rule the towering edifice there. I love the curves and edges of the crown, and it also comes with a lovely matching collar with similar decorations - though sadly it didn't layer over my halter top. The chain hanging through the whorls and spikes adds a wonderful, flowing effect while still keeping a hardness to that delicacy.

Walking in the Upper Reaches

The dress is from The Library, and is also available at the Fantasy Faire. It's a fantastic, Elizabethan style with a tame ruff at the neck and subdued Spanish Farthingale shaped skirt which is rigged loosely to the legs. The biggest break from the Elizabethan style is in the shoulders and arms; this gown replaces the usual square cut bodice and partlet with a halter top which skims right above the bust line, and pairs it with a closely cut square bodice across the front. The sleeves are capped slightly on the halter, and then begin again at the upper arm only to end with a poofy, three quarter sleeve. It takes the relatively refined and unique silhouette of an Elizabethan gown and modernizes it, adding in more visible skin without sacrificing elegance. I really like the texturing of the bodice and forepart, as well - a textured white on white which shines faintly in the light without being overpowering. The narrow gray banding at the waist and bodice finish the whole thing simply, and I'm glad they're so narrow and flat; something more ornate might distract from the truly unique features of the sleeves and halter top.

Reflections and Solitude

My skin is green in honor of a lovely set of skins passed on to me by Orc Inc, and came with matching ears. Orcs are green, and so I went temporarily green just for fun. They came with every single applier known to Orckind (or faekind) which was wonderful; as you can see my SLink hands match perfectly. I don't use most of the other physical add ons, but given that Loud Mouth is included, I think you can rest assured that Orc Inc will match any bit of bodily mesh in very short order. I added on a really simple updo from Underscore which was passed to me ages ago, and which works beautifully with my Aisling crown. The curling bun with the tendrils of hair dangling is simply lovely, and the smoothness of the rest of th elook makes it perfect for more flamboyant accessories. I was particularly happy with how the strands of hair curled through the open metalwork of the crown, and shifting my Orc Inc ears so that they worked with both crown and hair was a breeze. The earrings and necklace with the faintly blue stones to match the winter metal of my crown are an old release from Lassitude & Ennui which, as you can see, more than survives the passage of time. While the petals and leaves are more of a spring theme, the silvery white and blue continued my white on white theme so well that I couldn't resist. Finally, the white cosmetics on my face are part of my vast collection of unique, artistic tattoos from Nuuna; one advantage to going green is that the white shows up so clearly against my darker skin.

Winter's Vigil

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Orc Inc, Rii - Wasabi
Hair: Underscore, Burc Hair

Crown: Aisling, Sumiana Crown
Ears: Orc Inc, Long Elven
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Cosmetics 1: Nuuna, Tila
Cosmetics 2: Nuuna, YUA
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Elephante, Ice
Jewelry: Lassitude & Ennui, Dewdrop
Clothing: The Library, White Queen (Fantasy Faire)

Poses: !bang

Location: Hopes Horizon
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment