Thursday, July 18, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 29 - Vamps Night

Ripples

For Vamps Night, I got rather caught up in the orangey red of the challenge, and the silvery gray only exists as an afterthought, but I quite like the effect none the less. I have had a completely exhausting week, though; I tend to not go into my personal life much on here, as much as more immutable parts of myself like my opinions, but lets just say I have a relatively hard job with pretty complicated clients and three of them have gone into crisis in the past two weeks, and I kind of want to crawl into a hole and die. It doesn't help that I am not the most organized person in the world - more on that in a bit - so in addition to the world being complicated and a lot of things being very important, I keep tripping over my metaphorical untied shoe laces. I love being me, really. I've ended up scaling back a lot on online-type things, like my attempted return to roleplaying and any hope of blogging anything in a timely manner, and spending a lot of critical time staring into space and trying to match up glowing little crystals in lines because that is such a good use of my time. I love being me... really.

One of the things I have wanted to blog - and also the source of a silly story about how awesome I might be to be - is this fantastic hair from Discord Designs which is named ...dun dun DUN: Deoridhe. Yup, that's me, on a hair, me, shiny happy me with a hair that has her name on it, and it is awesome. I love the curly tendrilly bits, and how it seems to escape gravity, and I felt all wriggly and squeeingly about it for ages, so yeah - awesome, right?

Ok, now for super awesome story about how I suck - Kallisti Burns had dropped me a line showing me the awesomeness that was this hair (from Discord Designs), and letting me know that it would show up in my inventory when it was released because she is Just That Cool. And then Hair Faire opened (it was released at Hair Faire, by the way) and I searched my inventory, and no Discord Designs Deoridhe hair, and I went all, 'Well, she probably forgot, and I don't want to bug her 'cause she's busy and awesome and it might cut into hair making time, I'll just buy it,' and I waited for my chance to sneak into hair faire (wearing this without the hair, by the way - people loved me) and picked it up in blond figuring I'd get the fatpack later, or maybe she'd remember, or something, and then I looked in my (by then bloated and disorganized) objects folder to sort things and found... a box from her.

Yup, had it all along.

I love being me. Really.

Smirk

I look fantastic. 8D

It's mostly the hair from Discord Designs, but I should take a moment to talk about the supporting cast. The bow and purse are a semi-matched set, both of them from katat0nik and sold at collabor88 for very reasonable prices. They are completely adorable and awesome, and as soon as I saw them I knew I wanted to wear them. I figure I'm using itty bitty bobby pins to hold it to my braids. The jewelry is a very old artifact of my inventory from Primalot (on hiatus) - like it was filed in a subfolder to sort later kind of old - and it's color change on touch with a ton of stone types and three metals. One bit of the "gray" of Vamps Night is the silvery metal of this awesome jewelry set. The other is the gray tines of my gorgeous wings from Deviance, which have been on my back since I bought them. I love my old fancy fairy wings, I really do, but I have wanted three dimensional wings for at least two years, and these are completely blowing me away. Every angle, every curve, is completely magical. I can't wait to see what else she makes - I will want it all forever and ever and ever and ever and.... etc...

Yes, I'm very gushy, I know. It's been that kind of week - sobs or hysterical laughter.

The lips are an older release from Adore & Abhor, and I really love how it cuts inside the lipline and makes a new shape for my face that way. The dress - which really is the meat of this look, is a recent release from Volstead that draws on Art Deco influences to make a clean line and a really fun bodice. I love the texturing along the front and the bottom edge, and the richness of the color. Finally, these really fun boots which I utterly failed to get a flattering picture of because - as seen from data above - I really suck, are from Dilly Dolls. They're mesh and unrigged, so I was able to scribble and scrabble and alter them to fit my unusually (for SL) large calves and short legs. All of her things are sold with handy color changing HUDs, which is really handy since you fit things once, and change for every outfit. Rock on, awesomeness. Rock on.

Posed

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: Discord Designs, Deoridhe (Squee~)
Bow: katat0nik, Dolly Vine Hair Bow
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Mesh Eye Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeliner: De La Soul, Aestali Curly Lash
Lipstick: Adore & Abhor, Silent Star - Baroue Orange
Wings: Deviance, Titania Mesh Fairy Wings
Jewelry: Primalot, Gravitation annulet
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Orc Inc, Glitterslash
Dress: Volstead, Deco
Purse: katat0nik, Woody Purse
Boots: Dilly Dolls, Julia Boots

Pose: Olive Juice

Location: Wizardhat Studios
Light Settings: Nacon's Test
Water Settings: Nacon's Lake Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment