Sunday, July 14, 2013

SL Disney Bound – Week Seventeen: Dumbo

Archways in Stone

I'm having a grumpy day, so it's been difficult to figure out what to type about Dumbo - which is a super cute movie but dated in some really kind of sad ways... but I love Dumbo, and his poor caged mom, and even the racist caricature birds. I have a lot of thoughts, and a lot of feelings, and none of them are really conducive to a bunch of chitter chatter in general; I've spent a lot of my day playing phone games and watching television shows and leaving my Second Life viewer on without saying much and pestering my cat for cuddles, and I'm hoping sometime in the next few hours after a shower and some sleep I might wake up less angry, less upset, less sad about the world in general and how little I can effect it. I hate hearing about people hurting and sad. I hate seeing people being selfish and cruel. I hate all of the suffering I can do nothing about, and there are days like it's a thorn in my paw that I have no hope of pulling out.

Water and Lights

Sometimes I want to be small again, innocent again, young again, in a world before I understood all of the horrible things I know now. In the first grade I couldn't understand why the only black children in our class sat at a table instead of desks and never interacted with us, but now I know there was some fucked up racist shit going down; all I knew then was that their eyes were sad. And now I live in a world where even the best intentions can backfire, where racism and sexism and all the other bigotries wrap around each other like a Gordian knot - but the traditional answer to the riddle won't work. Instead we have to pick it apart piece by piece, like a million miles of hair snarled into a ball, and it's attached to all of us - though some of us have tenderer scalps than the rest. Today I wish I had some unsnarling spray, and treats to give to everyone with tears in their eyes, but it's a dream - I'm not the master untangler; I'm just someone else crying when our tangled lives hurt us.

Glitz and Glitter

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: Magika, Bliss
Headflowers: Charme, Rouge Rose -
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Mesh Eye Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Virtual Insanity, Post Grey
Lipstick: Skinthesis, Liquid Heat Mercury
Wings: Deviance, Titania Mesh Fairy Wings
Jewelry: Milk Motion, My pearl & feather necklace
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Nine Inch Nails, Yin Yang
Elephant: Schadenfreude, Stuffed Elephant
Dress: The Sea Hole, Nouveau Silk Dress

Pose: Glitterati

Location: India - Pakeeza
Light Settings: Phototools, Dead End
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment