Monday, July 29, 2013

SL Disney Bound – Week Eighteen: Alice

Underwater Overstone

I'm totally out of order now, but this is a confusing couple of weeks so I'm sweeping back to pick up Alice as part of the Disneybound challenge. I went very teal with her clothing, which I think is true to the Disney version of her if not true of a lot of other versions.It's also an unusual set because usually I do two profile shots, two landscapes, and two squares, but this time one of the images lent itself so well to a wider landscape shot that I simply couldn't resist at all (you'll see it at the bottom; I love it so much). I actually don't use any eyelid prosthetics to achieve that kind of look because when my avatar is blinking I like it to reflect the eyeshadow she's wearing instead of tinted by me, so what I do instead is take advantage of a glitch effect with the Anypose System, whereby if you click through the different eye settings quickly enough, eventually you'll make your avatar close her (or his) eyes, at which point they remain that way until you clear the direction of the eyes. I've also made special versions of my usual eyelashes - one from Flugeln Brise and the other from SLink - both for "smile" settings, which means slightly narrower, and for "eye closed" settings, which means pretty much touching. The nice thing about the lashes is that they conceal that the blink is imperfect; that is that the eyes are just slightly open, at least on my avatar with her freakishly huge eyes, so if you go lashless it looks very creepy. At the other end, these awesome shoefeet are a recent release from Felicity which I really like - the curve of beads around the ankle is fantastic, as is the ruching across the top of the toes; busy without being overwhelming. The feet re included, tintable through an included HUD that can be edited using Second Life's basic color editing system, which makes it pretty easy.

Slippery Stone

I'm taking these pictures on the sims slated to close that are part of Calas Galadhon, a gorgeous sweeping line of sims which remind me strongly of a series of sims I ran across when I was but a noobly avatar and I didn't save landmarks. I'll be trying to hit a few of the others, but the entire set is closing in August and might not be open without a fee for a group, in which case I'll have some decisions to make. Like a lot of active people in Second Life, I am eternally battling the top limit of my groups; I actually gave up being an official blogger due to (in part) the need for it to take up two group slots instead of one, and I'm deeply grateful to the slate of creators who have their blogger groups set up through non-group based distribution systems. Calas Galadhon is gorgeous, though, and a fantastic place both to just hand out and enjoy, and to take pictures. Part of why they are considering closing to non-group members, though, is due to the bad behavior of avatars in Second Life - I encourage everyone who visits anywhere to be polite, enjoy, try to not impinge on the enjoyment of others, and treat our hosts with the respect and honor they deserve for creating such beauty and then sharing it with the world. Definitely seek out these gorgeous sims while they're open - there are only a few days until August when they close to be reworked. I particularly encourage you to look under the waves - unlike a lot of landscaping sims, the gorgeous effects remain in place below the waves as well - complete with wildlife.

Momentary Peace

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: Ohmai, Kun & Rose Posies (Hair Faire)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Mesh Eye Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Summer Mix ocean w/liner
Lipstick: Essences, Lipstics Natural 1
Wings: Deviance, Titania Mesh Fairy Wings
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Nine Inch Nails, Butterfly
Jewelry: Donna Flora, Amalia
Necklace: Pink Fuel, Bottle Charm Necklace
Dress: Sweeter Than Candy, Nora Mesh Dress
Shoes: Felicity, Paige Stilettos - Teal

Poses: Glitterati


Location: Sea of Nurnen
Light Settings: Fairy blue (Paulina)
Water Settings: TOR, Subtleties

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment