Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Meme: The Haunted Meme

Haunted Meme

Strawberry asks us all: What are you afraid of? What are you haunted by? Share some of your fears and if you can, create an image depicting one of them. Don’t forget to leave your link in the comments!

I could have gone all complicated for this image, trying to set something in world, but that would be way too difficult... so instead I played around a bit with photoshop and... here is the result. I have no idea if it's cheating or not... and I still don't know how I feel about it, but I rather like the image.

My biggest fear is that my worst thoughts about myself are actually true, and it's only a matter of time before everyone notices and I never have another friend again. My second worst fear is I will die alone and unloved. My third fear is that this is it, I will never find a man to share my life with - and it will be all of my fault. I'm also afraid of dying in pain - not dying, but the in pain part. I'm afraid of no one liking me, of being fundamentally unlikable, of being too mean, of being too kind, of making bad judgements. Having had a client die, I continue to dread a client dying via suicide on my watch - but it's less of a fear because I know it must happen someday.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and powerful, both words and picture. <3 I think we can all relate to your fears, but those were a bit harder to admit for me. Thank you for sharing yours. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Strawberry. I feel like the universe conspired to prove me wrong, though - in the last forty eight hours or so I've had three different people give me present's 'cause they like me or what I do. o.o It's a little overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete