Monday, July 1, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 26: Plums and Berries

Walking Into Shadow

I'm running a bit late on my challenges again, but I had a lot of fun with this one - Plums and Berries - and it's a really gorgeous, subtle pink and purple color combination. It's actually a very simple setup on my part; the purple is from Wishbox, her gorgeous Coquette dress which is one of her older releases. I love the combination of lace and shadowy satin on this, along with darker satin ribbons, and the amazing ribbon around the neck. She's managed to work prims so carefully that is could appear like mesh - especially along the arms and the neck, but this is all static prims and flexi - astonishing, isn't it? I'm also continuing my play with shadows and seeing how they work out across the grid. I definitely slow down when they're turned on, but they add a verisimilitude which is difficult to resist. I definitely feel like a novice, though, starting over from the beginning again with a new set of toys. I may end up shifting around some of my facial features as well - I'm noticing flaws in the mesh more than I used to, and they're harder to combat with shadows in play, especially around the nose; I think I can correct for some of them, so we'll see what happens. Being able to use shadows has really change the entire tenor of my work, and I can see why so many people were so enthusiastic about it. I pity my poor computer, though.

Rainy Days Stay Away

The pink half of the equation comes in three places, and are a little more overpowered by the purple than I had planned, but I think they are each lovely on their own. My wings, a new release from Deviance, are the first mesh wing's I've seen that give serious competition to my longstanding Fancy Fairy wings. I picked them up in white, and they tint beautifully. My one complaint is the shape of the tines - since they are wide and narrow, they look more like curled wire than the veins of wings, which is awesome for anyone going for a human-realistic look, but which belie the fact I'm aiming for a natural fantastical look. I love how they take up shadows, though, and how the shadow they cast isn't the blockiness of flat prim wings but rather curled and shaped like actual wings. It's a tempting combination. The second set of pink is this gorgeous formal jewelry set from Virtual Impressions, which was on sale to her store group. I love the high collar effect of the necklace, and how the pearls can be tinted a gorgeous array of colors. They do come default full bright, but they're editable so you can remove that easily. She does a gorgeous chain, and the pattern of large pearls and small is really striking - I'm very glad I started picking up her jewelry. Finally, I have pink on my toes in a set of shoes from katat0nik which I simply adore - I took a close up you can see in the set for this photoshoot, and I think you're agree they are without parallel.

A Lert

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Jamie Mesh
Eyes: De La Soul, Mesh Eye Rainbow
Eyeshadow: MiaSnow, dark 1 purple
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: Mock, Opal Lipcolor Hopbush
Wings: Deviance, Titania Mesh Fairy Wings
Jewelry: Virtual Impressions, Silvia
Hands: SLink, Enhanced Mesh Hands
Nails: Nine Inch Nails, Deco
Dress: Wishbox, Coquette Purple
Shoes: katat0nik, Wingtip Mary Janes

Poses: Flowey


Location: Leroy
Light Settings: Phototool - B/W Light
Water Settings: TOR, Eyeballin'

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment