Saturday, July 6, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 27 - Cabbage Patch Forest

With a Twist

I went out looking for the Cabbage Patch Forest and ended up stumbling across an awesome free photo studio, put together by the creator behind Souzen Eien, called Captured Moments. I found out about it a few weeks ago, but it wasn't until today I finally had enough time to play around with all of the different poses, and I completely had a ball. There is one level of standard pose stands with different backgrounds, and then two levels - two - of an astonishing array of in situ pose objects, including a martini glass, a birdcage, and a box with different leans for awesome shadow work (all show in this post). In addition, there's a gorgeous outside garden area perfect for shadows. This is really worth any photographer going past and exploring; while there are several things I own, there are so many more I don't, and I really enjoyed a chance to bounce from one to another playing around with different effects and poses in a way I rarely do.

Birdcade In Your Soul

My green lovers outfit is a fantastic combination of things, and I think I hit the color mark more closely than I have recently. The dress is a semi-recent release from Jane that I have been wanting to show off for a while, and I really love it. The double layer skirt is novel and different, and my only wish would be to have it in more colors - at three colors per style, I was crying even while I was loving it. I suppose it's really wonderful when you're only complaint is "more please?" I paired it with this gorgeous necklace from Donna Flora, made up of a variety of flowers and then the twisting curl of vines. The necklace and earrings are sold separately from the ring and bracelet, but all of them are tintable with a single HUD, which is really space saving for my poor inventory. My cosmetics are a mix of two favorites - the thick liquid eyeshadow of MiaSnow and the light gloss from Mock. I especially like Mock's glosses because you can layer them over other things and really give a new edge to an old lipstick. Finally, my awesome shoes, shown with awesome shadows below, are the newest release from Felicity. I particularly like the ruffle along the back of the foot for this shoe; the foot is included, and it's tintable with a manually tintable HUD, which makes matching a breeze.

Casting Shadows

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: Eep, Hair 016
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Mesh Eye Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: MiaSnow, dark 3 green
Lipstick: Mock, Lucir Lipcolor Dandy Lion
Wings: Deviance, Titania Mesh Fairy Wings
Jewelry: Donna Flora, Vera
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Izzie's, Metallic Nails
Dress: Jane, Carolina Dress
Shoes: Felicity, Paige Stilettos

Pose: various

Location: Captured Moments

Light Settings: TOR, HORROR Land rising
Water Settings: Nacon's Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the awesome post, Darling Deo! You rock my socks! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome. Thanks for the new place to play. 8D

    ReplyDelete