Sunday, July 28, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 30 - Sweet Light

A Bridge Too Far

Sweet Light is a really cute color combination for the Twisted Color Challenge - a pale pink and a bright yellow together, like a spring evening. It took me ages to find something that worked; that particular shade of pale pink was unusual, and while I had some bright yellow it was harder to figure out how the two would go together. I started with these brilliantly bright shoes from Dilly Dolls, a recent release that goes with the SLink medium feet. They have a delicate ruffle along the edge and a fun and funky bow across the toe which I really liked. SLink only recently made creator packs so that other people could make shoes to fit her feet, but already it's massively increased the value of my delicate tosies, and the line from the leg to the ankle is pretty much seamless since these are the enhanced feet, which skin makers can make appliers for as well. My hair is another new release - this time from Underscore. It's a fantastic, full-bodied, free-flowing style in rigged mesh, with smooth curves which look good from every angle.

Mist Dance

The dress is a gorgeous one from Lavanda Chic I've had in my inventory for an age which seemed simply meant for this - the pink and white are delicately formed and the collar lining is the exact bright yellow I needed for this color combination. It's also a fantastic fluffy style, with a full balloon skirt and enormous puffy sleeves; I fell in love with it the moment I saw it, and I'm so glad I finally found a theme that worked with it. Finally, the jewelry is an amazing release from Donna Flora, color changing gemstones with seahorses. The set comes with two earrings; I'm showing just the second ones, which are repetitions of the gem-carrying seahorses. Love Donna Flora the event has finally opened - you'll find a lot of fantastic things inspired by this truly unique creator there.

Seascape

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: Underscore, Bad Medicine
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Mesh Eye Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Wings: Deviance, Titania Mesh Fairy Wings
Hands & Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands & Feet
Nails: Nine Inch Nails, Butterflies
Jewelry: Donna Flora, Seahorse
Dress: Lavanda Chic, Dolly Dress
Shoes: Dilly Dolls, Ella Light Heels

Poses: Studio Sidhe


Location: Bay of Balfalas

Light Settings: Annyka's Soft Lavender
Water Settings: Pond

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment