Monday, July 8, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 28 - Poppies Sky

In Thought

Orange and Blue are fantastic complementary colors, and often really fun to pair up, and this set of bright, slightly dusty colors - Poppies Sky - are no different. I'm playing around more with coloring my wings from Deviance, and really enjoying the fact I can tint the veins and webbing separately - the effect is striking and powerful, I think. It's a little difficult to tint, since I wear them moving, but if you set the color n your selections first, then select face, and keep an eye on what the texture shown is, you can pretty quickly and easily tint your way through even with the wings moving. Like on the wings, I did a lot of mixing for this look; the hat and hair from Wasabi Pills hat the orange as a choice, but again I used select face to tint the two buttons - one a fantastic blue, and the other slightly more creme to match the secondary color on this necklace from Glow. I actually picked the necklace up thinking of this challenge, as the orange seemed to match it well and it was a unique, interesting piece of jewelry. One thing I love about Second Life is being able to accumulate a variety of unusual jewelry, and I added pieces from another set - a bracelet and ring - from Eclectica to balance out the orange at my fingertips - a fantastic glittery set from Orc Inc which I was glad to have an excuse to wear again.

Suddenly Shy

My cosmetics are a combination of Elymode for the eyes, with blue lids and gold around the eye, and Mock in a orangy-brown for my lips. I'm unsure if I would have wanted more blue, but I have to admit the all orange around the eyes is a very warm, soft look. My dress is a fantastic release from Rebel Hope in an interesting cut, showing off the arms and legs instead of the breasts and butt, with fantastic texturing to show the ripples and pulls of fabric which Second Life can't duplicate in form. Finally, my shoes are an amazing recent release from SLink and allowed me to mix and match textures so that I could again pair up blue and orange to fantastic effect. They fit over the medium feet SLink releases, so I could match my toes to my nails easily. I spent a long while futzing with shadows and depth of field taking these pictures, and while I'm still a novice, I spent much of it crowing about how much I adored both. I didn't realize how unpolished my pictures looked until I saw them with shadows falling naturally, and the background fuzzing out slightly in response to focus, and it's like rediscovering photography in Second Life all over again.

A Little Behind the Times

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Lumi 2
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Mesh Eye Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Blue & Gold
Lipstick: Mock, Caramel Lip Jelle
Wings: Deviance, Titania Mesh Fairy Wings
Necklace: Glow, Scarf Style Necklace
Bracelet & Ring: Eclectica, Rococco Cobalt
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Orc Inc, Glitterslash
Dress: Rebel Hope, Angela
Shoes: SLink, Tri-Color Wedges (worn with her medium feet)

Pose: flowy

Location: nostos deer

Light Settings: Places, Las Legunas
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

2 comments:

  1. I love how you put this together! very creative :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed it - thank you. 8D

    ReplyDelete