Wednesday, July 3, 2013

SL Disney Bound – Week Sixteen: Drizella & Anastasia

Admiring Statuary

It's another couples set, and these are always a challenge for me - it tends to be one of my alts, and this time, for Drizella and Anastasia, I ended up going really over the top. This is definitely not casual wear, but it might work for a fancy dinner... maybe? I think both of the Evil Stepsisters would have crowed over the hair and the clothing, so I admit I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The hardest part was finding inexpensive skin and cosmetics for my poor alt, Placebo, who ended up trying on a few different ones before I settled on a recent free release from Curious Kitties. It's a really cute style inspired by watermelon - I love the little dots on the cheek like watermelon seeds. Quandry is wearing my usual skin from De La Soul, but I dressed it up with a bright eyeshadow from Virtual Insanity, and a gorgeous lip from Adore & Abhor. Both of them are wearing hair from Curio Obscura, part of one of her amazing releases for Arcade. I really love the different styles, though I struggled a little with hairlines on Placebo. I loved the masses of curls, though, and it fit the character so well, so how could I resist?

Lagging Behind

The Jewelry deserves a special note - they're releases from Donna Flora, who we recently learned through Casja Lilliehook has been getting more ill with her Cancer, and she hasn't been able to make things in Second Life, which means her income is down, which is making things harder for her. The Love Donna Flora event is a chance to enjoy her gorgeous jewelry and rally around to support her as she battles cancer some more. I have always loved her jewelry, it's so unique, but I tended to wait for special outfits to go and look for something to suit; when I was putting together these over-the-top looks I decided to swing by and see if anything fit, and found what I wanted almost immediately. She also makes lovely clothing, some of it with matching jewelry for people who struggle to put together looks. There will be an event later this month, but for now an easy way to help out is to go and indulge in some of her unique, beautiful jewelry. The dresses - different color versions of the same style - are also something special, as I picked them up in the closing sale for Bliss Couture. There are a lot of unique, extravagant dresses for sale for not much linden, perfect to match up with one of Donna Flora's exemplary sets of jewelry. I had such fun with this - even the slow bits with dual logging and using shadows - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Blocking the Stairs

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Deoridhe Quandry:

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: Curio Obscura, Stackable Hair - Rococco Rolls
Eyes: De La Soul, Mesh Eye Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Virtual Insanity, Fairy Neon
Lipstick: Adore & Abhor, Lips Fire Red
Wings: Deviance, Titania Mesh Fairy Wings
Jewelry: Donna Flora, Harlow
Dress: Bliss Couture, Gravios

Poses: !bang

Deoridhe Placebo:

Skin: Curious Kitties, Azil Peach Skin - Chilled Watermelon
Hair: Curio Obscura, Stackable Hair - Spirals Galore
Eyes: De La Soul, Mesh Eye Rainbow
Eyelashes: Flugeln Brise, 09 Cup of Heart
Wings: Deviance, Titania Mesh Fairy Wings
Jewelry: Donna Flora, Ester
Dress: Bliss Couture, Gravios

Poses : Glitterati

Location: <a href="http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Selidor/234/135/21">Selidor</a>
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment