Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Generosity of Others

Sunset Arrival

I have much to thank for the generosity of acquaintances!

In this case, a lovely individual passed me more lovelies than I could imagine - a balm to my money-tightened nerves. I haven't been able to indulge in gacha recently, but nonetheless I have this adorable feathered vest/collar from .aisling., and I was able to pick up all of the attached commons on the cheap through the various gacha yard sales. I'm ending up with a lot of inexpensive bracelets and armlets thanks to the proliferation of gacha markets and the bottom falling out of the common trade, which can be really a lot of fun to mix and match. In this case I stayed within the same set, though - a highly feathered and beaded confection with truly sublime options for color change - multiple options for the beads and two sections of cloth and feathers both.  I adore the fact it offers so much room for customization; it adds a zing to what seems on the surface to be a simple accessory set, a hallmark of .aisling.'s eye for detail. I went almost monochromatic for this shoot, though, which doesn't show off the options but does show off the style, all delicate beading and curved feathers. I especially love how the vest fits around my wings, a delicate touch I always revel in when I can accomplish it. Wings in Second Life may be able to pass unchanged through cloth, but it's so lovely when I can accomplish what verisimilitude exists in fantasy.

Ecstacy

And what better way to indulge in fantasy that enjoying the fading days of the sim Venexia, which I explored once before. It's closing in only a few days - a sadness as it is a lovely and unique setting - but I'm enjoying exploring once more and trying to capture some of the wistful mystery of the landscape before it vanishes into the ether. You have to pick up a visitor HUD to visit the ground floor, but they are free and it is definitely worth the extra effort. Venexia has always reminded me of Venice, a city which haunts my dreams in whispers; the formal buildings, lines of hanging lanterns, and shimmers of water catching the light from any angle. A sister-sim, Goatswood, is also closing pretty soon so I'll be swinging through there pretty soon and I'd encourage others to as well. I wish there was a way to catch the attention of the Lindens when exceptional builds like this are vanishing from the grid, but in a world where the dollar is Queen, we all must dance before her throne.

Ziki Questi has some gorgeous pictures up on both landscapes, and Living in a Modem World announces that the creators are working on an Open Sim project called NeverWorldX that will be focused on detailed fantasy roleplaying.

Glancing at Lights in the Distance

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Sandy
Hat: !deviousMind, Victorian Gothic - Crystal Cross Crown (Gacha)
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Bold coal and blue
Lipstick: Pink Fuel, Metallic Lipsticks
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands: SLink, Hands
Nails: A:S:S, Precious 1
Jewelry: .aisling., Khatel set (Gacha)
Outfit: Faida & Fallen Gods Inc, Jolie Proie
Shoes: Bliensen + MaiTai, Charlotte Sometimes

Pose: Grafica

Location: Venexia
Light Settings: TOR, SUNSET Eggdrop
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment