Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Garden: A New Interactive Game in Second Life

A Rocky Start

The Garden is a new interactive game, much in the style of an enormous game of Clue where you get the hints not from cards, but rather from items and figures placed all over the sim - some of them static, while others move around erratically, taunting you with information.

Or, at least they taunted me.

Taunted me with their little yin yangs  and bags of stuff and secretive apples.

You can play alone, as I have a few times now, or in small groups if you all start together. There are also different achievements you can get - like going through around only talking to the guardians, or around only finding the moving hint givers which taunt, taunt, taunt like taunting things which taunt!

I haven't found a single Gemini yet!

They must have it against me, since I'm Pisces.

It is a little laggy sometimes, so I recommend paring down more than I did, and try to not have more things running when you're wandering around hunting for little taunting objects that hop around in a taunting fashion, but even with my first crash in a very long time, I had a complete ball.

Now... where is that damn yin yang.

Seaweed

Quick notes - this awesome dress is actually two mesh layers, one of the sleeveless dress and the other the semi-transparent vest; they fit together perfectly, but also allow for mixing and matching if you pick up multiple styles. Volstead gives away a wearable demo in purple for all of the mesh items, which I found a completely charming option. This was my favorite of the dresses, but I saw a couple others I may end up picking up as time and finances allow. I thought the Art Deco of the dress was best served with older style accoutrements, so I pulled out this gorgeous pearl-decorated hat and gloves from Eclectica, which is always a good place to find things in older styles. I ended up pulling out some of the hunt prizes from Earthstones, including this purplish-blue solitaire jewel necklace and a lovely bracelet. Finally, I rounded out the outfit with a pair of peekaboo shoes from katat0nik, a new release which completely entranced me. I especially love the delicacy of the lace. This is the first of her shoes with toes, and I really think they turned out well - both in shape and texturing. Depending on what you purchase, you may get a selection of colors or a HUD which offers every color imaginable, with both a texture and a hue changer built in. Since it's HUD driven, they're very low script, however there is no resize function and they come in only one size, so try the demo before purchasing.

Into the Mist

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Mock, May Lipcolor - Rose Rouge
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Alice (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Necklace: Earthstones, Trillian Solitaire Necklace
Gloves and Hat: Eclectica, Little Black Pillbox Hat and Gloves
Bracelet: Earthstones, Wave Bracelet - Labradorite
Dress: Volstead, Empire Dress - Sky
Shoes: katat0nik, Bowie Peeptoed Shoes

Poses: Glitterati

Location: The Garden: Mermaid Lagoon
Light Settings: Places Imagine
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment