Sunday, December 16, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 50 - Gold

Tea Time

Gold is always a tricky thing to reproduce without the actual metal (and the ability to make things actually glimmer), but I don't think I did half bad.It is perhaps a little yellow for gold, but it was hard to find golds that weren't on the yellow side but still had a yellow hue - a lot were much more brown and dark. The dress is an awesome lucky chair prize from Indigo Oddities - the set she has up now are different, but equally awesome. I particularly like the snowflake detailing in the skirt, especially since they matched the awesome new shoes from katat0nik with snowflakes all over the socks! The ribbon along the top of the socks is totally cute, too, and if you look up close there are tiny white hearts all along the top ruffle. Seriously squeetastic! I matched it with this hugely puffy hair from Wasabi Pills; it has a slightly retro feel which I thought matched the outfit very well. The ribbon around the head is color changing with a HUD, and while it cuts into my ears a little, judicious angling manages that well.

Keeping Warm

The accessories were all pulled from a search for gold. Firstly, I finally got to use the awesome hair ornaments from Bliss Couture. I picked them up on a whim, but haven't found a look they worked with, so I was glad this one came along. I like how they poof up and weave into the existing ribbon on the Wasabi Pills hair. When I saw the bento box from Falln Angel Creations, I new immediately I had to include it. In addition to being totally cute and matching my hair ornaments, they also drop the cutest snacks all around when I have rezzing rights - snacks which anyone around can buy if they want! Finally, I added a cute jewelry set from Dark Mouse, a sort of mixed together style in the lighter shades of the dress. The cosmetics are hard to see due to the lighting, but I wanted a golden lip and so I layered a yellow gloss from Mock over a darker matte from Damned, and I think the effect was pretty spectacular. Finally, for the lighting shade I kept the red-yellow-blue tints from earlier pictures, and I think the hints of blue here and there keep the yellow from becoming too overpowering or cloying! Let me know what you think, though.

Free Swinging Treats

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Eyelashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Glow, Crazy eye shadow
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick 1: Damned, Alice Lipstick Yellow
Lipstick 2: Mock, Lucir Lipcolor Narcissus
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Inchigo Mesh Hair - Golden (promotional item)
Flowers: Bliss Couture, Korin Hat - Gold
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Bracelet: Kyccie's Creations, Hopeful Flower Gold
Jewelry: Dark Mouse, Found Things Gold
Dress: Indigo Oddities, Nefarious Noel Gold
Bag: Falln Angel Creations, Bento Box Golden (rezzes buyable food)
Shoes: katat0nik, Snowflake T-strap Wedges

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Tiramisu Cafe
Light Settings: TOR, FOGGY Southern Delite
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment