Friday, June 19, 2015

Fantasy Faire: YoZakura Up Close

The Fairelands have faded, leaving behind sparkles in their wake. I had planned to do a post highlighting some of the offerings from each sim - in the absence of the lands, I'm going to share what might still be available within the creators stores and the stores themselves, so we can keep the connections between all of us strong until the Fairelands return.

Through the Archway

It's been a total joy revisiting the beauty of the Fairelands, even if it's just what's coalesced inside of folders in my inventory. In this case, I shook it a little and some gorgeous items in shades of pink fell out. First is this dress from Azul, an incredibly brief shift dress with a plunging neckline and angled hem. It comes with layers of flexi which work beautifully over the mesh; I especially like how the gravity of them was set up so that they don't all fall down - some of them float on the air and fluff out around my torso. I also love the butterflies - flutters of semi-translucent insects which attach to several points and thus move around as I move, leaving me in a wash of wings and the shadows of wings. This was an early release at the Fantasy Faire, but now it's available at Azul's mainstore in not only this lovely pale pink, but also in a variety of other shimmery pastel shades.


The dress comes with matching wings, but instead I paired it with a set from Trap, also pre-released at the Fantasy Faire, which come in packs of two. This pink is the fantasy half of a peach and pink pairing, one of a slew of options at Trap's mainstore. There's a lot to love about these mesh wings, from the complicated edges of the feathers, to the glimmery texture and use of light and shadow, to the fact that they come set for several different angles on the back - from the bowing outward I'm showing here, to ones which are tucked back and high. I love the splay of the wings and how dramatic they are - the curves of each feather just underscore the drama of each of my Grafica poses.

Flutterbys

The melding of pastel and drama needed some counterpoints of dark while reinforcing the light, and I did that with accessories and hair. To balance my Trap wings, I colored these gorgeous shoes from Glamistry in a mix of bright and dark - the bright pink of the main body, and the dark scale print of the accents and heel. this creates three automatic points of bright/dark when looking - a forth is my Violetta lipstick which also offers a cool note - and makes my outfit seem balanced. The shoes also offer up a nice combination of sleek, in the simple pump shape of the shoe, and textured - echoing the layered texture of my wings without matching too closely.

The final notes are twofold - my Doe hair added a wash of other pastel shades while matching the same color as my gown and wings in the mix. I love the touches of blue, green, and yellow which make the entire outfit much less monochromatic - a real necessity given my environment was going to play up the pink and peachy shades in my ensemble. The style itself was also important; I wanted something sleek and simple so that the briefness of my gown wasn't overpowered, and this long, simply parted hair was perfect. The fluff out and flow, and where the changes in color hit along the way, adds length and interest. And one can't forget the nails! These lucky board nails from A:S:S were the perfect mix of dark and pale pink, keeping with the overall theme of delicate textures and contrasting colors.

Dutch Angles

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Doe, Peri
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: Violetta, Gradient Lip Gloss (Mizu)
Wings: Trap, Riven Wings (Fantasy Faire)
Body: SLink, Body, Hands and Feet
Nails: A:S:S, Vintage Rose (Lucky Board)
Outfit: Azul, Pepeke (Fantasy Faire)
Shoes: Glamistry, Echium Heels

Pose: Grafica


Location: Wishing Well
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

2 comments: