Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday Meme: Ask Me Anything Challenge

Into Winter

I have serious doubts about how many responses I'll have to this... but I've created an Ask Me Anything and will wait with baited breath to see if anyone asks me... anything. In the meantime, I'll also answer Strawberry Singh's questions, as she teases us with another of her incredibly fun memes!
  1. If Linden Lab shut the door on Second Life, what do you think you might do to replace it, or the time you spend on it. Gaming, school, work, reading, other virtual world, etc?
    I would probably find other games to replace it. Before Second Life there was Gaia Online, and before that Fandom Wank; I don't see myself leaving the internet any time soon. Second Life has held my attention for a hella long time, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Sansar is like. I just wish bloggers got to sneak in early!

  2. What would you consider your mission statement for your blog?
    Creativity. I try to push myself to explore more things, and in more creative ways, and to explore all of the different worlds in Second Life. I also am pushing myself to think more creatively and create ways to express my feelings that I'm comfortable with.

  3. What would you change about your SLife right now if you could just press a magic button and have it automatically happen?
    I would love to be able to run Second Life in ultra mode and record as well. I've been trying my hand at videos, and the drop in quality is depressing.

  4. What topic would you like to see explored in a non fashion blog post? Anything you are curious about and want someone else to do all the research?
    I would love a real, comprehensive demographic study of Second Life. So often, explorations of SL end up focusing on small corners, but I'd love one which took into account everything, from the people who long in for SLex and leave, to the people who have built enormous worlds and lives. I want to know it all.

  5. Do you have a point of contact in SL? Someone that a person from your RL knows to contact in case something happens to you or you are unable to get online for an extended period of time?
    No, but I've been considering setting that up. I do have people from Second Life where we're in touch offline, though.

  6. What provides you the most inspiration and motivation to keep learning and growing? What keeps you from being held back by the common negativity in SecondLife and elsewhere?
    One of the inspirations for Sunday Squee, and why I keep doing it, is to try to find that positivity. Some weeks it's really challenging, and this year has been difficult from a ton of different angles, but I'm hanging in there and trying to remember all of the things I love.

  7. How do you deal with other bloggers (who don’t know you personally) that are spiteful towards you?
    That actually hasn't happened to me, so far as I know. Everyone I've met has been very kind. This is more a function of my being small potatoes than anything else, though - one of the things which attention brings is negative responses.

  8. What is your advice to those that admire you and what you do, hoping to be able to do some of the same things with as much confidence as you often seem to have?
    Most confidence that appears real is fake. Inside, I think almost everyone feels scared and alone - a bunch of us have just learned to put on a calm face and keep going. I feel insecure most of the time, but I try to focus on my most central values and keep moving and doing what I think is right, and hope things turn out for the best in the end.

  9. Name 5 favorite events in Second Life.
    Genre; I adore the different themes and how unique each tends to be - even when the pickings are scarce!
    Fantasy Faire; I love the magic and whimsy which accompanies it.
    A Tattered Page; I love the connection between books and creativity.
    Second Life's Advent Season; the stores change almost every year, but the generosity remains the same.
    21 Shoe; every month I have an excuse to do something creative and fun with entirely too many shoes, and this event is why!

  10. Name three of your favourite blogs.
    This is a very hard question - I link to a ton of blogs on my sidebar of any number of provenances; picking three will be tough. 
  11. Ziki Questi's Blog; I love the places she visits and shares, and the fact she's a delightful person doesn't hurt.
    Honour McMillan's Blog; I love her analysis of different places she visits and the art she views.
    Canary Beck's Blog; I don't always agree with her, but she always gives me food for thought.
Lost in Mists

And indeed, some questions came in!
  1. Have you always been a faery in Second Life?‎ (Strawberry Singh)
    Almost from the beginning. One of the first things I purchased was a set of wings, and I've been wearing them very since. I have one alt who is also winged, but the other Deoridhes aren't.

  2. What is your most prized possession in your inventory?
    It's very difficult to say; I have a core set of things I wear all of the time, which would qualify as very important, and a set of things with high sentimental value, which would count as very important, but right now I'm borrowing a single item from a friend - a gacha rare, and I think that has to win the prize for most important, since it's borrowed.

  3. How do you manage to post blog posts so frequently? Do you have any tips for bloggers who are trying to improve themselves?
    I honestly don't consider myself to blog a lot, though since the beginning of the year I've been trying for final numbers close to once a day. Mixing in short posts helps a lot - for example, I blog 21 Shoe and I tend to do a separate post for every shoe, which bumps up my numbers. I have an entire category, shorts, which are just images and a few words, and I'll do one of those when I feel like I haven't blogged enough. Anything with a lot of copy takes longer unless I'm really inspired. As for trying to improve yourself, that really depends on what you think your weaknesses are. Identify a few bloggers you would like to be like and look at what they do, how they do it, etc... Then try to match that and see how it goes. It may not be a good fit - it's easy to admire what we don't have - but at least you will have tried.

  4. What's your favorite fashion style for blogging?
    It's hard for me to chose between Quasi-Lolita (I say quasi because my tops tend to be low-cut, which is NOT Lolita) and a princess pretty style. I like to mix it up, though, and push the envelope. I don't want to be known for just one style, or even just one color!
Through the Tines

4 comments:

  1. Wow great blog post! And I see a couple of my questions for you got posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I've answered all I've gotten so far.

      Delete
  2. I just can't picture you not being a faery, so glad you said almost from the beginning, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has totally become my schtick! It feels really natural, too, though sometimes I forget my wings when I'm in a hurry.

      Delete