Monday, April 29, 2013

Fantasy Faire: Ravenshard

In Hand

Ravenshard is am amazing candyland sim with curving, flowing paths that arch up and down and turn unexpectedly, landing me in the drink (which is often made of chocolate). I can't say it's en entirely bad cycle, but it definitely could be disconcerting. I got lost on this sim more often than any of the ones this faire. I really don't feel like my pictures did it justice; once I've finished up the final two sims today with some Relay for Life items, I'm hoping to have some time to take pure landscape pictures before the sims close. The faire ends - very sadly - tonight around midnight, so hurry to see it all in person; pictures are always a shadow of the beauty of the Faire. Once more I'm decked out nearly head to toe in Fantasy Faire donation items from a variety of stores - most of them are not exclusives, but all of them are gorgeous. My horns, for example, are form a new-to-me store called Europa, which have the added bonus of coming not only fully modifiable, but also with a copy of the texture map for the horn texture, in case you want to take the shape and make it something truly amazing; this appears to be a consistent part of Europa's store, as the crown I also picked up came with the same thing, meaning someone can really take these products and customize them. I'm seriously considering trying to make rainbow horns, because that's just how I roll. I also bought these for an alt who is a demon, to replace her chainy horns; Deoridhe is normally not this obviously horny, but I figured Fantasy Faire was a good excuse to add to my fantastical horns.

Golden Glow

My skin is another shade from De La Soul's special Fantasy Faire release - this time in gold and shown with a light tattoo over it. I also made sure to get a close up on her matching nails - all of which come standard with every skin. They have the same tentaclely pattern on them in the same colors, but since you get every skin tone in the nails with every skin, you can actually mix and match. I'm wearing the included Goldrush eyes, too, though they're a little small for my eyes - I have freakishly huge eyes. My hair is an amazing, ankle length braid from Lupoaica which cascades over the shoulders and butt in a way even Rapunzel would envy. The one downside is that it falls almost straight back from the rear, so it works better with pants or a short, tight skirt than with the clothes I usually wear. The color HUD is also really kind of neat - where you can buy different sets and load them in the same HUD, which means it's relatively easy to add more hair and accessory textures to existing hair HUDs. My necklace is another donation item, this time from coLLisions, an intricately woven necklace honoring Thoth with purple enamel in front. Finally, my gorgeous, stylish, unique dress is from The Muses, another new-to-me store which simply entranced me with it's offerings. I love how it combined texture layers with mesh layers, and the unique silhouette. The sleeves in particular are a testiment to using the best of tech in Second Life - the tops are simply sculpted prims, editable to fit ones upper arm; the length of the arm is a texture glove; the wrist and end covering the bulk of the hand is rigged mesh, allowing it to cover either the standard hand or my special SLink rigged mesh hands. They even took care to line a little way inside the dress, so where it gapes it looks like fabric might look gaping. I also really like the patchwork quality of the texturing, something fluid and lovely and yet not too blocky or busy.

Daisy

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Ceredil - Light Gold (Fantasy Faire Donation Item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Goldrush (promotional item)
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Hair: Lupoaica, Evita (Fantasy Faire Donation Item, promotional item)
Horns: Europa, Lokyli Horns (Fantasy Faire Donation Item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: The Muses, Starfall (Fantasy Faire Donation Item)
Necklace: coLLision, Harmony of Thoth (Fantasy Faire Donation Item)
Feet: SLink, Mesh Enhanced

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Ravenshard
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment