Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Color Challenge: Week Forty-three - Liver


At Swordpoint

Evil, evil, evil Liver! I hates the liver! I ended up not finding anything called liver, so going by the swatch and ending up seeking out the gray. This is the second dress I tried, since the first was no-mod and set to fullbright! And no way to turn it off!! I tried every windlight in the book and couldn't find one that worked, much less one that altered the gray in the manner I wanted it altered.

Light

The eyeliner is a new gatcha prize from Lolapop and I got ALMOST every color and started giving away my duplicates! Have I mentioned lately how much I love cosmetics in SL? LOVE THEM. The hair is from Exile, though not a color I bought. Don't tell anyone! I tinted it GRAY! To try to match my dress in the weird light. I was trying to make the gray almost a purple gray, but matching across hair and wings and clothes was a real challenge! The necklace is from Eclectica, and I love the triad design on it and how it dangles low, but not too low (recently I've been getting a lot of to-the-belly necklaces and they can be a trial to photograph!). The dress is an uber old one from The Delectable Doll, most likely an impulse purchase or a lucky board but I'm so glad I shook it out of my inventory, especially when my first choice from WhoNose didn't work out. The boots are from my everpresent G Field collections, a set of boots I haven't matched stylistically much before this and I forgot how much I love the dual layering of them.

Spotlight

Liver's one of those things that everyone says is good for you, which is only appealing to very strange people like my mother. Packed full of vitamins and stuff, like vegetables, but ick ick ick on the taste (though I like vegetables a lot more now). Recently has been a lot about distasteful things I don't want to do and don't enjoy now. A lot of emotional upheaval, goodbyes and endings, reasons for tears and fears - and in my fantasies it would be so much better if I could womanfully face down my trials with a brave face and a true heart! And discovering that in these hard times I most often act like a whiny, spoiled child who shirks my responsibilities and hides behind pretty pictures, and watching television shows, and pitying myself.

Balcony

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Kei Cream
Eyes: De La Soul, Roomee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes: Flugeln Brise, Eyelash 05
Eyecolor: Lolapop, La Llorona - black
Ears: Illusion, Mystic Ear
Hair: Exile, Gina - Roots Holywood tinted grey
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Necklace: Eclectica, Irridescent Glass
Dress: The Delectable Doll, Starlight Dress
Stockings: Vextra Messing, Opaque Stockings - Grey
Ring: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Shoes: G Field, Open Boots "Vilda" - grey

Poses: Studio Sidhe

Location: Nexus Prime
Light Settings: TOR, SCIFI Awesome Atmo 1
Water Settings:

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment