Friday, August 12, 2011

Color Challenge: Week Forty-one - Jazzberry

Jazzberry was simply NOT in my inventory! I ended up with a myriad of shades of fuchsia instead - picking through my "to be photographed" folder and Evie's Closet's dress fell out.

Full of Stars

I love this dress - from the rope trim to the flow of colors through the texture. It simply makes me happy. After pestering my favorite chat for a place to take pictures, I ended up in Alirium and ended up making... a slightly embarrassing discovery.

There are lots of layers to Alirium.

I had only found one, before... *blush*

Emerge from the Leaves

Sadly, on most of them I can't use my PoseAnywhere hud; I ended up teleporting back and forth to set poses, but it wasn't the same. I'm going to have to go back with non-hud poses sometime, but I didn't have the patience to do it this time! I can understand keeping scripts off to protect against griefing, but wow does it make me sad when I can't use my HUD now! I love the fact that I can randomly bounce through all the options until I find what I really want; it's made me lazy!

I'm still looking for the eye-manipulation hud that doesn't require one to rez anything on the sim... but I can't find where I put the link! Woe. You don't care about that, though, I bet! You're interested in... THE CLOTHES!

Smoke Signals

The dress, as I said, is the gorgeous Aria dress in fuchsia by Evie's Closet. She's been a favorite store of mine for a long while. I actually found her store back when she was doing group gift presents in little apples - it was Halloween, and the dress was a gorgeous long one in black and orange. I was a long time store gift and lucky chair aficionado, but Evie's Closet was one of the first limited edition items I picked up. I fluttered back multiple times after that, and it wasn't long until I was picking up my favorite dresses.

The necklace is from Silq'waggi - which I have no idea how one pronounces - and I have no idea what auspices i got it under! It ended up being a perfect match for the dress - the gold tying in the rope detailing and the little pink stones picking up the shadows of... well... jazzberry! I finished off the look with Wasabi Pill's Trish hair, with one ponytail. I love how the hair is long and loose, just as if you undid a ribbon and let it fall. The color is Jellyfish, which was one of the first Wasabi Pills colors I tried on simply because I had NO idea what color it would be! It turns out to be a delightful shade of hot pink!

Farm

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Kei Cream
Cosmetics: De La Soul, Smoke Lips
Ears: Illusion, Mystic Ear
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Trish Hair - Jellyfish
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Necklace: Silq'waggi, Rippled Pinkpixellite
Dress: Evie's Closet, Fuschia Aria
Shoes: G Field, Square-toes Shoes "Sophie" - camel

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Alirium
Light Settings: TOR, DUSK - Strummer

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

6 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous collection of photos as always... Love the dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress! (and the eye hud is here https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/gi-poses-Auto-Focus/2250209)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Evie's and Alirium do go so well together, yes. I see someone already linked the eye hud to you, it's really priceless sometimes and I love it dearly. Another hint about script-free posing (I ran in the same problem in Alirium's) you can also wear an item with a pose to make it work, I think I was able to remove the item afterwards and the pose stayed because of the script-freeness and bug, but not swearing on that. Anyway, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely, I love how the dress flows and hangs. Very pretty. Good luck with all your huds. I feel so technically behind in SL, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Rudh!

    Ooooh, thanks for the link grid. I've been looking for that!

    Astalianda, I tend to just play poses in world when scripts don't work, but thanks for the suggestion!

    Thanks so much, Anichka! I mostly got the pose HUD to try to cut down on my inventory; it dropped me by 2k, so it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look completely beautiful and yes, we are interested in pose huds and eye huds!

    ReplyDelete