Monday, August 8, 2011

Profile Deoridhe


Through and Through

There are new profiles on Second Life - semi-facebook style. Honestly, I find it mostly useless - though maybe I could link to my blog posts from there? - but I would love it if could get group notices through it, and maybe some way to mark if I've read the notice. I get so behind on my notices, and they clog up my inventory so much, that having a way to manage those easily would be nice. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to communicate with anyone in Second Life; to an extent it makes sense to keep out the hoi poloi, many of us who will have nothing useful to say, but it'd be nice to share a "wish list".

Putting Down Roots

At some point, though, they changed the animation speed of the girls walk - or is it just in Firestorm? The duck walk was a result of speeding the animation up until then was ridiculous; now when I walk with my AO off it doesn't look good, but it doesn't look ridiculous either! I wish there was a more seamless way to work with poses for pictures and AOs, but right now I do a lot of turning on and off - made easier by the bottom button bar on Firestorm.

Leaves

I have a card I give out to low-day avatars - a newbie notecard, if you will. I find I use it more when I go to some of the places at the destination guide. I also find that's where I run into people chatting to themselves in Voice through SL, or yelling at me to "go away" from a public place. It's a very odd thing, to place oneself in the path of strangers and see how they react. Questioning whether I should be friendlier, quieter, go closer or stay away. There isn't really an etiquette of how to deal with strangers in Second Life when you have your own tasks - it's rather like a small town, filled with strangers.

Castle

Lots of people have insecurities. Sometimes, the people I value most have major ones - like I do. There was an interesting TED by Brene Brown about people who have real happiness - the commonality for all of them is that they feel they deserve love. The need to be vulnerable, to leave oneself out to be hurt, being necessary for true happiness and connection with others is still an amazing challenge for myself.

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Kei Cream
Eyes: Adam n Eve, Frosted Forest
Eyeliner: cheLLe, Cleo Called Evergreen
Ears: Illusion, Mystic Ear
Hair: Illusory, Kimmi Streaked - Golden
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Necklace: Earthstones, Chocolate Box Necklace
Dress: katat0nik, Tall Dall Dress - green
Ring: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Shoes: katat0nik, Kita Mary Janes - candy

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Garden of Dreams
Light Settings: EUPHORIA, Rotton melon
Water Settings: Listeryne

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment