Saturday, August 10, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 31: Velvet Jazz

Pansies

Velvet Jazz is a gorgeous combination, a pale pink like the underside of the rose, and a dull blue like the sky when the sun is setting. This photoset was preceded with a rather odd occurrence, though; almost always, when I do a photoshoot but I'm not quite satisfied with it - the colors are off, or the tone is wrong - I'll keep going with it anyway, figuring that one learns as much from objecting to ones own work as one does by focusing on it. This time, though, halfway through editing I ended up scrapping the entire first set, reworking my Petite body, and reshooting it with a different windlight. I still feel like I'm getting the hang of shadows, depth of field, and windlight under these conditions, still, and sometimes I just flub it so badly it simply isn't worth it. One other thing that I'm finding is that as I go through old outfits that have been moldering in my "New" folder for ages, is that I'm really beginning to notice the different level of quality these days versus just a year ago. It's like everything keeps stepping up another notch, and I can only hope I somehow manage to keep up. I wonder sometimes if it might be easier if I stuck to a simpler setup and didn't change everything every time, but I have to admit that's part of the challenge for me, always pushing the envelope and trying something different. I'm still struggling to get mood in, though; sometimes I think I manage, but it's so difficult to tell.

Seeing Myself

I'm showing off a petite in this look because it felt like it was forever since I dusted one off, and Skinthesis had the perfect shade of pink to match the Velvet in Velvet Jazz. The body can be made to glow, can be made to shine, and seemed to serve as a light source as well, like a little tinkerbell; it also comes with several different makeups - I'm showing "ink" here, which is a butterfly over the face in black. The face can also be changed through a few expressions, it comes with eyes and three kinds of hands, and you can make various parts of the body disappear via an included HUD. It also comes with two kinds of ears - I'm spiky and fae here, of course. My hair is from Wasabi Pills and is rigged mesh, so you have to purchase it specifically for petites, and it's simply lovely. The headband is color changeable using a separate HUD in a wide variety of colors, and the braids are beautifully done and move smoothly between poses. My jewelry is a very cute set from Elemental, which is made up of really cute little flowers and leaves and is custom made for petites. Elemental has been superlative in adapting her jewelry for petites and including petite prizes in a lot of the hunts that she does, so she's a lovely place to go for small and big avatars alike. Finally, my gorgeous gown which is the Jazz of Velvet Jazz is one of the petite adaptations of Fellini Couture's large sized dresses. Like a lot of her dresses, it is prim and not mesh, but one advantage to that is the effect I achieved below, as if my legs were peeking out from a sheer layer in the front of the gown to show off my perfect, petite feet.

Lilypad Aloft

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Body: Skinthesis, Flights - Blooming
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Amandine
Jewelry: Elemental, Fiori
Wings: Deviance, Titania Fairy Wings
Dress: Fellini Couture, Lady Blue

Poses: Long Awkward Pose (closed)

Location: Whispering Wind
Light Settings: Places Imagine
Water Settings: TOR, Hpmod

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment