Friday, August 16, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 32: Evening Preserves

Wild Fruit

This adorable dress from Pink Outfitters was sold at the food faire (since ended), and I fell in love with it on sight. The pattern is cute and highlights one of my favorite fruits, the shape of the neck and shoulders is good, and I love the ruffle - which is short enough to be flirty, but not short enough to show too much off. It;s not often I get to encompass a Twisted Color pairing in one outfit, but I think this one captures Evening Preserves even if it's not the usual kind of fruit and there's a lot of gold along for the ride with the orange). I paired it with these thigh-high sock boots from Souzou Eien, though I don't think the color is quiiiite right, edging from a tealish green more toward a perfect green. I love the sockish-effect of the boots, though, and am strongly reminded of some of my favorite accessories from G Field, which were socks to put on over shoes released before mesh was even a dream. My hair is probably th emost perfect bit of Evening Preserves, though - this is a single hair from Analog Dog, but she released a set of colors with fades and this teal-to-orange was simply perfection. I love how it's an imaginative updo, with big and bold curves that really take full advantage of doing hair color fades.

My wings are an amazing new release from Illusions - right now the rainbow version are out for the Taste the Rainbow Hunt, but soon the whole set, with on-touch color changing capabilities, will be up for sale - and you all should buy them like tons of times. I love the curves and curls, and the texture just makes me incredibly happy, like little scales each catching the light at different angles. It's also modifiable, and the veins and membrane can be tinted separately so that you can match anything. Finally, my jewelry is a totally tintable set from Virtual Impressions with pearls and curving gems. I love how many options there are with Virtual Impressions, since it means it can be remade to work with so many different outfits.

Pocket Shot

One of the funny things about Second Life photography is that like offline photography there is the moments one is caught up in taking the shots, where each shot is it's own world, and then there's the wakeup the next morning when one looks at them all together uploaded, and things which didn't stand out suddenly are totally obvious. In this case, the dimness of these pictures wasn't obvious to me until I was looking at them today post-upload, and I realized one was brightly lit by the on-sim lighting and the rest were decidedly dim and somber. While I don't consider this high art, I do think it is by nature artistic and that often what our mood is reflects itself in what we create simply because it's what seems the most natural at the time. One effect of the lack of post-processing that I do is that I can't post-hoc correct for things I notice later. One bonus is that my level of photographic skill is always reflected back to me in the shadows of my avatar's eyes.

Pretty Home

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: Analog Dog, Tunnel Cake
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Mesh Eye Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Mock, Cleo's Sooty Olivine
Lipstick: Pididdle, LipCreme Peaches
Jewelry: Virtual Impressions, Dionne
Wings: Illusions, Apsara Wings
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Flair, Set 98
Dress: Pink Outfitters, Foodie Tahnk Dress
Stockings: deviousMind, Sweet Rose Valentine (Taste the Rainbow Hunt)
Shoes: Souzou Eien, Leg Warmer Heels

Poses: !bang

Location: Sea Salts
Light Settings: Phototools - Quiddich
Water Settings: NB, Sparkling Depths

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment