Wednesday, March 27, 2013

SL DisneyBound: Week Two - Ariel “Kiss the Girl”

Kiss the Gir;

I am being late girl for all of my challenges, but I hope this one is well worth the wait! Disney's Ariel has a few different outfits, but the one for the "Kiss the Girl" scene is a gorgeous remake of Aurora's gown from Sleeping Beauty, only in shades of blue and black. I ended up edging more on white on the top, but I really love the final look even though I took some liberties with the shades! This is a hugely combined outfit, so I'm going to start from the top and move my way down.

First, the bow is a special large bow from NYC, I think from one of the accessory events. I wanted something really huge and over the top, and I think this bow really fits the bill; it is over the ponytail instead of behind my head, but I think it works anyway. The hair, in a sharp and amazing shade of red, is a fun updo from Wasabi Pills festooned with braids. This was one of my bigger departures from Ariel's look, since hers is long and has a ploom over the brow, but I really loved the style. I matched my hair with eyebrows from De La Soul, which added a touch of realism.

Shell Game

The collar is actually from an outfit otherwise not represented - a gorgeous outfit from Cipher that I really adore, and that gave me the perfect collar for this outfit. The shirt itself is from Rabbit Kiss, part of a gothic look, and I ended up altering it both in adding a smaller and less ornate collar, and changing out the corset for a different style one. The sleeves of the shirt are very puffy and rigged, so they curved beautifully and gave the full puffyness of the Ariel gown. The corset is an old purchase of mine from Aura, and I really adore it. It's curvy and sweet, and has the most adorable bow. It comes in a lot of colors, but I made sure to pick up the simple black, and that's what I'm wearing here. Finally, the skirt was the initial inspiration of the entire outfit, a gorgeous gown skirt from Blue Blood that I purchased ages ago and haven't been able to showcase before now. I really adore the foaming lower edge of the skirt which I thought was really reminiscent of Ariel's origin as a mermaid, and her future in the original fairytale as sea foam.

Wishing for the Past

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusions, Seelie
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Anais Mesh Hair
Bow: NYU, Bold Ribbon - baby blue
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Collar: Cipher, Punk Lolita
Shirt: Rabbit Kiss, Eternal Gothic
Corset: Aura, Grimm - Black
Skirt: Blue Blood, Oceanic Sonata
Heels: G Field, Bow Strap Shoes "Kate"

Poses: Adorkable

Location: Selidor
Light Settings: Places Abracadabra
Water Settings: Mirror Glass

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

1 comment: