Saturday, March 9, 2013

Queen of the Animals

Snapshot too Soon

This outfit makes me feel so warm and safe. Even though I went to travel where the wild things are, since I'm the Queen of them all, all is right in the world. I like being a little Queen - not a big one. I don't aspire to offline royalty, or even political office. My job is adapting to the mind, needs, wants, and spirits of other people and trying to help them realize their goals, which is incompatible with being a Queen there. Outside of my job, I'm noticed by few and passed over by many, one cog among many, one flower in a garden of blooms. I don't really aspire to be a Queen there, either; I would like more money, but I'd prefer it without any fame; I can't imagine the life of a famous person who could never again be un-famous. "You can be infamous," Dave Chappelle famously said, "but you can never become un-famous." That is a profound loss of control on a scale I can't even imagine, though all of us loose that control on a smaller scale all the time - especially in the age of the internet. As Deoridhe I am, as of right now, unique, and that's it's own kind of fame. The other day someone who had friended me on Facebook found me in Second Life, IMing me with, "You play Sims, too!" I could only answer yes, yes I do. I do a lot of things.

Walking Circles

It's an odd thing to blog that one doesn't want attention, though, especially since I watch my tiny crowd of viewers come and go, always spiking around the newbie resources and any hunt posts I do. I've been changing how I tag things, looking for a way to isolate out the different threads of what I'm interested in. Someone who likes my opinions, for example, won't necessarily be so interested in a fashion post. I had originally thought to try to subdivide my interests, but the other blog is just languishing and so I'm thinking of moving things over here, plunk some pretty pictures on it, and somehow meld together me-the-fashionista with me-the-quasi-artist with me-the-philosopher. At the end of the day, I am complex and I contain multitudes.

My New Friend

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 04-A
Lipstick: BCC, Rarara Lip Tattoo (Gatcha Prize)
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Kiki Hair
Crown: Boom, Nature's Crown (Gatcha Prize)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Pyjamas: Aux, Wild Rumpus Romper - Red Fox (Gatcha Prize)
Clinging Animals: D Lab, Fox & Lop Ear & Rabbit (Gatcha Prize)
Fan: Shakeup, Arcade Fan Hydrangea (Gatcha Prize)
Slippers: Conspiracy Theory, Teddy Slipper (Gatcha Prize)

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Zoo World
Light Settings: Phototools, Dream Book 02
Water Settings: Phototools Ship Light

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment