Saturday, March 2, 2013

Almost Over

Almost Falling

I was Almost On-time but Almost is Over. I'm almost inundated with almosts - almost well, almost ready, almost completely overwhelmed. Almost always silly. After a week of dragging around, getting the minimum done I can do to get by, I'm almost healthy again - thanks in large part to turning my apartment into almost a jungle, scented with camphor. I managed to visit Lost Town almost before it's going away, and I'm sunk feeling like I've missed almost all of the LEA displays because I was too busy to follow up on almost all of them. This look is almost to discordant to be attractive, but I think I carry it off; the idea came after throwing on the Lassitude & Ennui dress over my lingerie from my last look. I loved the effect, but wanted to carry it off using a different set of undergarments, and I ended up seeking out my old friend katat0nik's stylings, which were almost perfect. I meant to take the pictures ages ago, but I was almost too sick to sit up several nights, and so it dragged out longer than necessary - giving me a chance to slip in Wasabi Pills' new hair for Whore Couture, and giving me a little crow to eat. A topic brought up was personal thoughts on the Whore Couture event, and I said it wasn't my style; apparently I'm almost right - when Wasabi Pills does her hair, I almost always love it.

Almost Curious

I think I'm almost having too much fun with using almost way too much, and I can't seem to stop! Comparing my pictures on Lost Town that have me in them, and the ones of the sim alone, I'm really struck by how you almost can't tell how enormous the elephants and circus are in Lost Town. In a few of my pictures of me, you can almost see a leg or a foot in the background, but it's almost impossible to offer a realistic representation of the awesome scale which can occur within Second Life between the avatar and the environment. It almost makes me want to go back in one of the larger mesh forms, just to do a comparison with my smaller me who usually wanders around the grid. Another thing I've really been noticing is how mesh is enabling things to be very precise and beautiful on the micro scale, as well as the macro. Increasingly, sims have these tiny details because it's become feasible to - since mesh items often have less impact on the allotted prims when they are small, suddenly detailed furnishings are more acceptable. I've almost become so used to mesh that I don't even see it's full effect anymore - but even given the ground gained in mesh, regular old prims and texture are doing well. The shoes I'm wearing are a very old set from Lassitude & Ennui, pre-mesh, and they fit perfectly with the mesh dress made years later with not appreciable different in level of skill and beauty. I think it's wonderful that some stores have managed to transcend their creative tools to make lasting, indelible beauty.

Almost Over It

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 04-A
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Julia (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Dress 1: katat0nik, Ruff Haus
Dress 2: Lassitude & Ennui, Naiad Sundress
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Skully Pumps

Pose: Glitterati

Location: Lost Town
Light Settings: In Situ
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment