Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Disneybound: Week 1 - Peter Pan

Landing in the Tree House

I'm neglecting my other challenges to join another one! Because... it seems cool! And I'm goofy! The Disneybound Challenge is a challenge to make character inspired outfits out of normalish clothing! Ironically, since most fashion bloggers are female, the first challenge was a boy - Peter Pan. I will admit to considering for a long moment going for Wendy instead of Peter, or maybe even Tinkerbell - though I actually own a look based on her - but in the end I decided to play it straight, and try to replicate his look while making it sufficiently girly. I started with this dress from Peqe, which I modified heavily from an empire waisted gown to a hip skirt, but I thought the flower theme nicely echoed the more modern Peter's frequent depiction of wearing vines without making myself half-naked (again). Normally, Peter's tunic is lighter than his tights, but in this case the dress was so dark I reversed the tendency with G Field's button socks. His shoes are usually tan and pointy toed, something I tried to echo with these boots, also from G Field, while echoing the feather in his cap instead at my ankles. I had the hardest time with the hat, neither knowing where to start or what to look for, but I had a Santa Hat from an old Ratsetsukoku hunt, and it was nearly the perfect shape and with the cutest holly berries instead of a feather, so I went for it! The color isn't quite perfect, but it is approximately all right. I think I may end up looking into acquiring more hats in the future, though!

Laughing with Tink

Peter is usually depicted armed, though with a short dagger not with a sword, and so I hunted through my inventory for a dagger and found this wonderful one from Silk & Satyr (which appears to no longer be in world), which came with one of their outfits. Have I mentioned lately how much I love the search function in my inventory? Sometimes it is a lifesaver. Finally, despite having wings myself, I wanted a tinkerbell and I remembered these adorable fairies from NaMiya's Fancy Goods Shop, and I lured her out with sugar plums and the promise of some flying time. With all of this pulled together, though - I felt like something was missing. One of the terms in clothing is the Peter Pan collar, and as you can see, my dress is sleeveless. A little thought and I remembered tippets - the tie on extras of winter wear which mimic the shape of the Peter Pan collar. A search later, and I pulled out G Field's mesh rigged tippet, which came with her gorgeous coat, and used the texture changing HUD to make it look like I'd killed my own neckwear! THAT is how you Peter Pan!

Flying High

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Claire
Hat: Ratsetsukoku, Holiday Santa Hat
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Tippet: G Field, Fur Tippet
Dress: Peqe, Poppy/Earth
Fairy: NiMiya's Fancy Goods Shop, Fairy Yuna
Dagger: Silk & Satyr, Dagger of Justice
Tights: G Field, Button Socks
Boots: G Field, Open Boots "Vilda"

Poses: Long Awkward Pose

Location: The Forum
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY My Noon
Water Settings: Mirror Glass

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

3 comments: