Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday's Child has Far to Go

Dreaming in the Rain

I often feel like I have a long way to go.

The world I live in is a world of minutes and hours, a world marked and marred by productivity and regimentation all hidden behind a sunny smile and a demand that it all look effortless.

The world that lives within me is a world of timelessness and synchronicity, a world marked and marred by whimsy and imagination all hidden within as much as I can lay my hands on - from things to people to places, from the littlest to the greatest.

This is a world that relates badly to hours of work, to tasks within time limits, to paying bills and tracking money... to, in short, most of the things required for me to live in the world.

Ray

And so, I very often feel behind, off step, drowning in paper and mail, surrounded by mess and disorder, always dreaming of a different world with reflections of fantastical things winging above my head. Stupid errors I should have foreseen tangle around my ankles to trip me up, sending me stumbling over and wanting nothing more than to curl up and hide form the world for a while somewhere safe.

The closest I have to safe is my apartment, which is a sty right now but at least MY sty, and the magical world of Second Life. Oddly, today for a chunk of my picture taking I kept getting contacted by strangers - one going so far as to ask what I was DOING over there and stand nearby for fifteen minutes or so until finally shoving off. It reminded me strongly of the kind of men who tell women to "smile" on the street; a conviction that they deserve the attention and obedience of complete strangers.

In this case, I told him none of his business and escaped to Insomnium, where the contact was no less random but much more polite!


Reflection of a Clown

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ears
Eyelashes 1: Sauce, Sidewinder Lashes
Eyelashes : *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Solstice - midnight blue
Lipstick: Damned, Alice Lipstick - Red 3
Hair: D!va, "Maya" - cat's eye
Corsets: Rosal, Klaus Velvet Corsets
Lingerie: Dilly Dolls, Renna's Weeklys (promotional item)
Ring 1: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring
Ring 2: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger Talisman
Heels: Felicity, Bianca - July 4th Group Gift

Poses: Elymode

Location: Insomnium
Light Settings: TOR, HORROR Rancid Milk
Water: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment