Saturday, February 25, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 9 - Dandelion

Mandelbrot

I had a lot of fun with dandelion - I even had a dandelion outfit outright - but I ended up dragging out another gorgeous set of silks from Sublime Shroud Kreations which matched the color chip better (my dandelion outfit was a much darker yellow, with more orange in it). I'm back in my usual De La Soul skin and eyes, too; my last picture set I was - for the first time in a long while - not wearing anything from De La Soul! Astonishing, isn't it? What always makes silks is, I think, the feet - and I'm wearing SLink's medium feet and they really set the whole thing off (I tried a rather unorthodox picture, which I think is kind of fun - if a little risque!). Picture taking itself was a bear, though; lag, lots of people, and another odd conversation which makes me wonder if I'm not just fundamentally out of step with the wider world.

Reaching Out?

Like it frequently does, it began with a complement of my avatar, but it took an odd turn toward the person contacting me saying people usually don't like him. I tend to take people at their word when they say things like that, and I said as much; his reason sort of blew me away, though - he thought people didn't like him because he was a feminized male (using the term sissy boy), essentially a transvestite.When I suggested that if he was sensitive to rejection he hang out with... other feminized males, and linked him to a group where the focus was around such, he went completely silent on me. I don't suppose I expected a parade, but I wouldn't have minded a thank you, or even some indication for why he was contacting me (his profile specified he thought "sissy boys" made the best kind of friends for women, which rather dismayed me; I tend to like my friends for being friends, not for filling some sort of slot as if they were interchangable). Reflecting on it, I am beginning to wonder if he wanted a negative reaction, and thus his plan of soliciting contacts from women who he assumed would dislike him, or if he was trying to tweak some sort of pity switch that simply doesn't work on me. So often, people seem to have expectations they are unwilling to share when they interact with me - it feels like there is this entire weight of expectations and I seem to always not fit them. It's odd... very odd.

On another social forum, I got a private message today which was essentially a "contact me or I'll unfriend you" sort of thing. I've had that happen a few times - on SL it was once framed as a "prove to me how awesome you are" thing - and my response has always been the same; I automatically unfriend them. Maybe I am just out of step with others!

Whirled Away

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ears
Eyelashes 1: Flugeln Brise, 05-A Planty
Eyelashes 2: *X*plosion, PrimLashes - tinted white
Glasses: Air, Cresta
Hair: Red Queen, No.11 - Scandinavia Blond
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Necklace: .la petite morte, Ribbon Choker - yellow
Bracelets: Digital Eyes, Plastic Bracelet - Yellow
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, "Tiwi" Nestling Finger Talisman
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring
Silks: Sublime Shroud Kreations, Tattered Silks - Citrine (promotional item)
Feet: SLink, Jolie Pied - Medium

Pose: HelaMiyo

Location: spirit - by claudia222 Jewell
Light Settings: Places Abracadabra2
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love this color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super super pictures .. so surreal.. i have often same experiences in sl.. i think you are NOT totally out of step with the wider world. your reaction i completely understand.. and yes people lay their weight of expectations on you ..so strange and it feels so unfree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Anichka! You're very kind, Lashae. Thanks so kindly, Ygrey!

    is very strange, Nicandra; and you're right about the "unfree"~ it really impairs the beginnings of relationships because they're treating you like some idea of you, instead of paying attention to who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful you look--just like a native of that strange, surreal land...

    ReplyDelete