Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday's Child Works Hard For Her Living

Thigh Into the Deep

I have always loved the beach and water out in the wild. It's hard to reproduce the ocean in second life, though; people use a variety of means, from sculpties to textures, to try to capture the in and out of the waves, the way in which something dark becomes something foaming and white, only to fade away into sand or dirt. There is something truly ephemeral about the sea, though - a combination of sound and smell with appearance which is impossible to fit inside of a screen. Oahu does its best to capture Hawaii, though, and I think it does a delightful job. I was particularly happy when I stumbled across a secluded beach with some calmer waves and a few rocks in the distance - my kind of hide away!

Flower Bower

I'm wearing three of my favorite stores in these pictures - the Dilly Dolls underwear (here reinvisioned as a bikini) I've been wearing all week I combined with tattoos from Silent Sparrow (one of a number of delightful rainbow accessories) and a new parasol from katat0nik (available at the Just a Crush event along with another set of underwear which I may take pictures in soon, since I bought the yellow and pink ones, though to be honest I'll enjoy wearing clothing after seven days in my undies!) along with katat0nik's amazing new shoes (mesh, but HUD recolorable so that you can mix and match colors to match any outfit; have I mentioned lately I love recoloring huds?). I added in my favorite rainbow cosmetics from De La Soul, and I was good to go. I've been really enjoying the bright mixture of colors this week, though I think seven days in a row of pictures is a but much for me; it'll be a while before I want to do a repeat of this!

Surfer Girl

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ears
Eyelashes 1: Sauce, Sidewinder Lashes
Eyelashes 2: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Cosmetics: De La Soul, Faerie Pastel Lips
Hair: Amacci, Adena - honey blond
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Tattoos: Silent Sparrow, Fledermaus Tattoos - rainbow
Lingerie: Dilly Dolls, Renna's Weeklys (promotional item)
Ring 1: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring
Ring 2: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger Talisman
Heels: katat0nik, Aya Wedge

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Oahu, Hawaii
Light Settings: Midday 1
Water: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment