Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Origami Hunt Guide: 鱗廻RIN-NE - Seishichi's Quest


鱗廻RIN-NE is the Hunt associated with the Origami Event, ending on the 25th of July. It's a combination story, quest, and hunt all done via a HUD, and you can do any part of it or all of it in pretty much every order. You can find a variety of helpful guides on their Help Page, but I'll cover the basics in these posts. Like all of my Hunt Guides, my commentary is in italics while the plain text is quoting from the storyline. This story is enormous, so I'll be breaking it up into parts for easy of posting and reading - see the menu below.
  

Seishichi's Quest - Yako
SEISHICHI: Have you heard of Yako? It's like a wild fox. It enters into a human, and the man is said to be possessed by a fox, which means Yako. Such man has evil eyes, gets like having a disease, and does a lot of bad things... Those who got Yako inside them around here likely goes to a certain place. 
SEISHICHI: Yes, it's a grave. Nothing happens there when we go, but they seem to do something there, at the grave. In other words, they run away when they know we're there. Yako does nothing more than be Yako, but I think someone is using it. 
SEISHICHI:The grave is located further within woods. Please visit the woods first. Oh, wait a second. Yako appears and disappears, but if you see it, it must look like a fox smaller than a cat. Now, you may go and be careful.



This time you're taken to a graveyard in between where you dealt with the Inugami in Ichitaro's Quest and the shrine. The whole area is thick with Yako, but it's one Yako in particular - the one with a nametag - who you need to approach. If you approach the graveyard now, you'll fade out and be sent back to the starting point again.

YAKO: !!!! Can you see me? Gosh, I forgot to disappear! Damn... I made a mistake again. Won't you run away? That's what humans usually do when they see me. I'm always bumbling and let[ting] humans go... I'm hurrying to enter to someone, so I'm busy now. Out of my way!
YAKO: ... Huh? Are you asking if you can catch me? Do you really think so? Wait, No no. Hey! Let me go! I said let me go! ... What, want to know about the grave? Well, yes, we took control over the humans to make them go there. We don't know what they're doing there. Our job is just to catch at leas one human and make them go there.
YAKO: Ah? No, I was not living here. Yes, I was taken here. If I go on like this, I won't be able to go back where I lived. So I have to go to catch... Eh? You came her to reseal the entrance? ... SO you want me to help you? ... OK, deal. If I'm with you, the won't be suspicious of us. Want to go to see the grave? Don't worry, I will take you there!
Head over to the graveyard section of the area and the story will continue.

YAKO: They will hide themselves when humans without Yako come here. You're OK, since I'm with you. You want to know what's happening, don't you? Now, keep hiding here for a while. In a minute, my buddies with humans will be here in a minute.






YAKO: You see? They are taking human's spirits little by little like that. The seal is not broken completely, so the spirits are needed to unseal. We can't become free unless they're taken down. OK, let's go back now. You don't want your spirit to be taken away, do you?
You return to where you started again, and the next step is to approach the cooperative Yako again to find out more about the snakes you saw stealing peoples' souls.

YAKO: There are three snakes in all. We have to take down all the three to approach there. The seal is usually hidden by their magical powers. So, we should not miss the chance when they come out, so that we can knock them out from far away.

YAKO: And you know what, I found something good at the hut nearby. I think it's a human weapon. Search for it, I'll go talk to my buddies about you. If they're laid down, lots of my buddies will be sure to want to go home.

Click on the silver bow and arrow, and they will go into your inventory and the Yako comes back to talk to you about his progress.

YAKO: You've returned at the right time. Good, you found the weapon. Do you think you can use it? No mistake. Make sure you get them down. I've talked [to] my buddies. They'll talk to others. Please, we're counting on you.


You then select the bow and arrows to equip them before returning to the Yako. 


YAKO: Good! Let's go to get the snakes down with it! I'm counting on you human!
Head back toward the graveyard with your bow and arrow equipped!

YAKO: Well... now understood? Don't hit my buddies nor humans Draw now.
At this point, the practice you had Matsunosuke comes in handy; this is one of the hexagon puzzles, and they do everything they can to make sure you succeed. A ring of six hexagons shows up on your screen followed by a countdown. Select hexagons flash in a certain order that matches the rune in question. Kindly, if you don't do well the first time you are given other chances with help, and I'm showing the lines of that help up front in case your Simon Says skills aren't up to par. If you screw up again, the hexagons you need to hit will literally light up so you can hit them.

YAKO: You made it! Wonderful! We'll go home now that they're gone! Thank you, you saved us. If you are going after them, I have something to tell you, something that you might want to know. Yamata-no-Orochi was forced to sleep for [a] long long time, with forgetting about Kushinada... while Kushinada married Susanoo and gave birth. A long long time has passed since the, [so] long that Kushinada's story is believed to be a myth.
YAKO: Yes, Kushinada and Susanoo are your old ancestors. You are in the Kushinada family, which continuity has been maintained until now. You as well as your daughter Sayo. 
YAKO: I hope my story is useful. Well, I should go. Make sure to reseal here! Bye!
 I covered and stuck one of my fuda.

Now, I should go to the next sealing...

Seishichi's Quest and the story of the Yako has ended. You'll be teleported back to the Shrine to go on your next quest. At this point, the story of your family and Sayo is beginning to form, and I really enjoy how it's being laid out piece by piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment