Saturday, July 4, 2015

Month of the Blog: June 2015

I thought it might be fun to do a monthly review of the State of the Blog in terms of top posts and my own favorite things, if the top posts don't cover them! I made 25 posts, but a chunk of them were quite short, so in terms of output I'd say June was on the low end for me. Emotionally it was a touch month - between the shooting at Mother Emanuel Church in Charleston and a number of other incidents of violent racism, I had a hard time pulling together a lot to say that wasn't cursing. The two standout events of the month were the collaborative work "Obedience" and the Mizu story hunt.

This was also the month that Round Eight of the Linden Endowment for the Arts: Artist in Residence sims closed in preparation for Round Nine; I updated my LEA page just in time to change everything again, so I'll be clearing out the AiR lines and beginning my nosy spelunking into the sims soon.

Caught in my Own Reflection

My Favorite Posts:
  1. One Amazing Event that Will Never Happen Again - Berlin 1920 was open for 24 Hours, and I couldn't resist a combination of history wandering and snark. If you're human, pick up some 1920s garb and wander through - it's a really neat sim. 
  2. Cherry Blossom Decadence - I had fun doing some exploration of cherry blossoms and ended up on a tangent about my favorite anime and manga, which was fun.
  3. LEA 1: Bryn Oh's "Obedience" - The Binding of Isaac - I spent several days at the sim in question, watching people come in and move around, as I wrote the review, and it inspired some serious thought about culpability which dovetails nicely with what has been troubling me recently.
  4. Sunday Squee: The Toast - this took me ages to research and write, finding many of my favorite posts in the process, and I'll probably end up using it as a review tool myself for finding lost gems.

Grafitti

Most Views from June:
  1. Mizu: A Rainy Story - Guide Part One
  2. Time Flies on Broken Wings
  3. How NOT to Make Friends and Influence People in Second Life
  4. Mizu: I'm a Little Cloud
  5. LEA 1: Bryn Oh's "Obedience" - The Binding of Isaac
  6. Monday Meme: Ask Me Anything Challenge (Ask Questions here)
  7. The Generosity of Others
  8. Genre (Anime): Cherry Blossom Decadence  
  9. One Amazing Event that Will Never Happen Again
  10. Mizu: A Rainy Story - Guide Part Two
  11.  
Obedience 9 Black and White

I covered several events:
  1. 21 Shoe: .:KC Couture:., ChicChica, Eclectica, Essenz, G & D, {kokoia}, Ingenue, House of Rain, and Glamistry.
  2. Genre: Cherry Blossom Decadence and Curb-Stomping Kawaii
  3. Second Life's 12 Birthday Celebration
  4. A Story Hunt: Mizu - Guide Part One and Guide Part Two
  5. Art: "Obedience" - The Binding of Isaac

Ecstacy

I did four Sunday Squees:
  1. A:S:S Nail Polish 
  2. Bishie Style SL
  3. Rainbows
  4. The Toast
Dutch Angles

My thoughts on July - I have a building project I'd like to do. I also want to see if I can cover more shopping events - I often buy the clothes, but then never take the pictures or write the posts. I want to get the whole LEA I've created updated and cleaned up for Round 9, and perhaps rework the Page itself to cover art in general, rather than just LEA, and I'd like to explicitly cover and review more art sites. That seems a bit ambitious for one month, but who knows - maybe wishing makes it so!

No comments:

Post a Comment