Monday, July 20, 2015

Origami Hunt Guide: 鱗廻RIN-NE - Nikichi's Quest


鱗廻RIN-NE is the Hunt associated with the Origami Event, ending on the 25th of July. It's a combination story, quest, and hunt all done via a HUD, and you can do any part of it or all of it in pretty much every order. You can find a variety of helpful guides on their Help Page, but I'll cover the basics in these posts. Like all of my Hunt Guides, my commentary is in italics while the plain text is quoting from the storyline. This story is enormous, so I'll be breaking it up into parts for easy of posting and reading - see the menu below.
  

Nikichi's Quest - Soul Sellers

NIKICHI: Just ahead from here are Soul Sellers. They work as a pair. One has a huge hammer, the other a huge insect net. Beaten with the hammer, a soul pops out from his or her body, [and then the soul] will be caught by the net. Those who lose their souls become like dolls. If we leave them... they will get weak and die in a week.
Residents cannot go outside their house. That means it's difficult to get someone's help. There is the Inari Shrine near. Why don't you go there first? 



It's a well.

You will be teleported to a new location, landing next to a well. Straight ahead of you is the Inari Shrine - and the whole story will occur along this street and in the shrine at the end, so don't wander further. There are a lot of coins around here, so keep an eye on your Ri-ne symbol.

As you walk down the path to the shrine, you can talk to the residents hiding in their houses and they have a lot to say. You can also go into the empty houses and creepy things will happen; expect jump scares throughout this whole thing. The whole street is haunted.

KINJI: Are you okay outside there? They'll take your soul! Watch out!

SHOGO: Oh my, what should I do... It's so scary to go out. Oh my, how helpless.

ISABURO: Going outside means losing my soul. But there is no food anymore here. What can I do...


At the end of the street is an Inari - a fox - in front of a shrine. If you click the Inari now, nothing happens; instead, go inside the shrine to look around. Once inside, head outside again to try to talk to the Inari Statue.

INARI FOX: WHAT are you doing here? Are you crazy? This area is too dangerous for humans.
 INARI FOX:What? You know? Then, why don't you hide yourself! Quick! ...Huh? You're such a strange human!
INARI FOX: [You] want to meet Soul Sellers? What a daredevil you are... They are so upset these days. Humans became more careful about going outside to avoid getting their souls taken. So, it will be easy to catch these guys with a "pile of human soul" trap.
From here's it's back to pounding the street, looking for a way to make a "pile of human soul" trap.

ISABURO: The Inari fox is good at transforming into anything...

 SHOGO: How scary, I'm frightened. It's right there, not very far. Oh my gosh. ... It's there, I can see it there. No way, oh my. ... I'd like to get some water from the well. But I can't help thinking what if the Soul Sellers get me when I go outside there... Won't you go there and bring some water for me? Please, just fill up this bottle.
She gives you a bottle, so check your inventory for it and head for the well at the end of the street - where you landed.

KINJI: Looking for a human soul? Do you really think you can find it easily here and there?

Go to the well and put some water in the bottle.

 
The bottle is filled with water.

SHOGO: Thank goodness...! Water! Thank you, I do appreciate you. Please receive this in appreciation. I've heard you're looking for the Soul Sellers... Please take them and go to the Inari fox. See what it says by giving both to it.

INARI FOX: Oh, are you still here? Wait, you have something for me? Give it to me. Fried tofu? Great! ... And, acorns? ... I see, the resident must have handed [them] out. Yes, I can change these acorns to human souls.
INARI FOX: Well, right, I receive no offerings when they stay inside. OK, it's a deal, I'll make some human-like souls. When they appear, follow them. You can find a seal somewhere at their nest. I'll put the finished human-like souls here. Be careful, but keep a close watch.

INARI FOX: Here you are. Now you can hide yourself. 

SOUL SELLER A: Wonderful! So many souls! Now we may unseal there completely with these human souls. Let's take them.

SOUL SELLER B: I wonder why there were so many of these there.
SOUL SELLER A: Maybe the offering for the Inari fox.
SOUL SELLER B: Is that so...?

SOUL SELLER A:  Of course. Anyway, it must have been hard to collect so many.
SOUL SELLER B: No doubt.

SOUL SELLER A:  We're lucky, whether or not they were meant to be the offering for the Inari fox.

INARI FOX: ...Don't lose sight of them. But do not let them see you. Now, go, but take care!



SOUL SELLER A:  Well... Let's prepare. I'll bring [the] other human souls we collected, so please stay here and keep watching.

SOUL SELLER B: I will.


 Now, one of the Soul Sellers is gone. What should I do?
If I don't reseal this place now, they will soon find out those souls [are] fake.
And, I might be having a stroke of luck, as the Soul Seller here is the one that uses 
an insect net, and the other with a hammer had left! Maybe I can fight him?

Taking this chance,  grabbed one of the fuda and dashed into the sealing place.
Wooooooooooooooooooooooow

At this point, the practice you had Matsunosuke comes in handy; this is one of the hexagon puzzles, and they do everything they can to make sure you succeed. A ring of six hexagons shows up on your screen followed by a countdown. Select hexagons flash in a certain order that matches the rune in question. Kindly, if you don't do well the first time you are given other chances with help, and I'm showing the lines of that help up front in case your Simon Says skills aren't up to par. If you screw up again, the hexagons you need to hit will literally light up so you can hit them.
SOUL SELLER B:  Gee! What are you doing! No wait! Don't touch it!!!!! Nooooooooo GO back to where you were, or I'll shut you up here and you will never find your way home! Shit...! Hey, bros!
SOUL SELLER A:  What happened? Hey, look at the sealing!
Go back! You TWO must be off!


SOUL SELLER A: Gosh... No good, we must go. We can come back later through other doors! But first, we must talk to our Orochi.
SOUL SELLER B: The souls...! You human, cheated us! We won't forget this!


 
INARI FOX: Well done. Now this area will be safe for a while. I, as a representative for all the residents, do like to thank you. They won't be afraid to go outside. How can I show my gratitude? ... Oh, you'd like to know about Orochi? Well... I can tell you as much as I know. 
INARI FOX:Yamata-no-Orochi is a dreadful monster, but it derives from a mountain and water god. Ancestors had been offering a maiden as sacrifice each year to make the rough god rest in peace. The last sacrifice was Princess Kushinada. But Orochi had known her since she was little. When she entered into the mountain, Orochi changed its appearance and played with her together. Yes, it fell in love with her.
At this point you're teleported back to the temple and can start your next quest! I went counter clockwise from Nikichi to Ichitaro, so that's the next quest I'll cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment