Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday Squee: Soup Dumplings

The Sunday Squee is when I can talk about things that make me happy and excited. The main focus will be on different things people created, from books to movies to television shows to podcasts, and my effort will be to highlight less commonly known things as a way to share what I love. If you want to join in the Sunday Squee, please link back to me so I can enjoy what you love!

Sunday Squee: Soup Dumplings

I have been introduced to a new love, a creation of peak perfection - all liquid and filling and deliciousness.  I first ran across these pillows of culinary delight in an Anthony Bourdain episode - one of his travel shows - and I have wanted to try them ever since. Today, I got that chance. Beef, cheese, and mushroom, each redolent with a savory broth and melting with perfection on a plate.

Served family style at an enormous table full of cheerful, chattering people. I'm sure they're nothing like traditional dumplings in Jiangshu Provence in China - the cheese alone makes that unlikely - but they were absolutely delightful and I had a wonderful meal - followed by hours of game playing fun with wonderful people. It was truly a Sunday of Squee~!

As a side note - I've been running around in this outfit for days. The kissers and lipstick are both from .:Soul:. and well worth a purchase. I'm wearing .:Soul:. skin, too, so the kissers line is seamless; that's why I'm on the peachier side of pale, instead of being pink and white.  A lot of the rest is from various events, but the shoes are a re-release from Dilly Dolls as she works her way back into releasing at her store full time. There's a bunch of other shoes there, too, so make sure to swing by and check it out. A lot of the styles are form her earliest releases but remade in mesh, which is kind of awesome I think - shame to let good ideas moulder because technology has moved on!

Credits: 

Skin: .:Soul:., Catalina
Hair: Doe, Ericka (Uber)
Hat: .Atomic., Shark Bait (Gacha)
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: .:Soul:., Kawaii Animal Lips on Kissers
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Pet: Silent Sparrow, Inugami (Gacha RARE)
Body: SLink, Hands & Feet
Bag: Origami Kongyo sukui (Origami Event Gift)
Outfit: Moon Amore, Selene Dress (Project Limited)
Shoes: Dilly Dolls, Audrey Heels

Pose: Don't Freak Out, [come] there's a crack in my wall

Location: My Platform

Dumplings: BluPrintz, Streamed Buns
Light Settings: Places, Abracadabra2
Water Settings: Phototools, Black Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment