Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sunday Squee: TableTop

The Sunday Squee is when I can talk about things that make me happy and excited. The main focus will be on different things people created, from books to movies to television shows to podcasts, and my effort will be to highlight less commonly known things as a way to share what I love. If you want to join in the Sunday Squee, please link back to me so I can enjoy what you love!

TableTop 1

I am an enormous fan of games and of people playing games, so one of my joys has been the web show TableTop, hosted by Wil Wheaton for the Geek & Sundry YouTube Station. In it, four people - including Wil - play various games; when the games go on for longer, the action gets trimmed down to about thirty minutes with bits of reaction and commentary from the players interspersed. It's incredibly funny, with a premium on silly voices and roleplaying no matter what the game might be. It's also a fantastic look at the sheer volume of games available for playing in small groups - from traveling games in bags, to complicated games with boards and pieces galore. I love them all, and I love watching and listening to the laughter as people play.

As a testament of my love, I've put together a few YouTube playlists for people new to table top. In addition to the central episodes, seasons one and two had full interviews, all three seasons have gag reels, and a few of the games which turned out to be much longer than the thirty minute length have subsequently come out as extended editions. I've made playlists for several permeations, both for my own and others use, and I encourage you to check it out! They are really a blast, and you might find some new games to play with your friends and family.

TabletTop 2

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Kiera 2
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Body: SLink, Hands & Feet
Nails: A:S:S, Dragonscale
Outfit: The Muses, Coil
Shoes: G Field, Jessica Flats (Sou by creation.jp)

Pose: Grafica


Location: Candyland Gaming
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Cheerful Cyan
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment